John Deere 310 A hydraulics quit!

/ John Deere 310 A hydraulics quit! #11  
Where is the engine disconnect clutch?

Engine disconnect clutch is located right behind the flywheel. The frt hyd pump has nothing to do with tractor moving/not moving. It is possible one of the gears in the trans pump(charge) broke(2nd photo). Block on RH side is the reverser control valve(3rd photo). Does tractor have a pto?

Attachments

• M20039_________UN01JAN94.gif
    M20039_________UN01JAN94.gif
    24.4 KB · Views: 2,741
  • TP12720________UN01JAN94.gif
    TP12720________UN01JAN94.gif
    16.2 KB · Views: 2,131
  • TP41786________UN01JAN94.gif
    TP41786________UN01JAN94.gif
    15.3 KB · Views: 6,070
   / John Deere 310 A hydraulics quit! #12  
Did you mean that all hyd quit, including the implement pump for the loader and 3pt?

Maybe you mean the hyd drive train.

Does your engine still run?

/ John Deere 310 A hydraulics quit!
I was thinking he meant the pump/engine disconnect.

Well, I put new filters on and cleaned the pickup screen, which did not appear very plugged at all.. No change in the issue...no hydraulics or forward/reverse what so ever. Hard to know if the input shaft to the hydraulic pump is actually ok or not. The fact that no forward/reverse is still the question that the pump is even the question. How do I check the low pressure supply from the tranny area?

To determine a broken gear requires the tractor to be split in 2 and exposed. Not sure that would be in the budget or the under taking. Any other tests of determining whether the low pressure supply is reaching the hydraulic pump?

/ John Deere 310 A hydraulics quit! #15  
To determine a broken gear requires the tractor to be split in 2 and exposed. Not sure that would be in the budget or the under taking. Any other tests of determining whether the low pressure supply is reaching the hydraulic pump?

You can put a gauge on the low pressure supply to the big pump. I had to do that on my 2355 once. I don't know what the pressure should be however.

/ John Deere 310 A hydraulics quit! #16  
Trans pump pressure should be 165 psi. Pressure can be checked on shift valve that's located on RH side in my 3rd photo from previous post.To check condition of drive clutch I suppose one could remove the clutch housing cover,VERY CAREFULLY bump engine over and see if input shaft is moving.

DOES your tractor happen to have a PTO??

I have limited experience diagnosing JD industrial tractor failures but a lot of experience on JD agriculture tractors which however have a few differences

Attachments

• TP6529_________UN01JAN94.gif
    TP6529_________UN01JAN94.gif
    9.7 KB · Views: 1,853
Last edited:
   / John Deere 310 A hydraulics quit! #17  
The 301 and 310 are based on the jd 1020 ag tractor and share most of the test procedures and psi ranges.

No pto , it has a permanent backhoe

/ John Deere 310 A hydraulics quit! #19  
I have a 301a and lost all hydraulics when the loader valve failed internally. Might be worth checking the return to make sure it isn't flowing with no controls engaged. The tractor has a closed center main system that can suck all available fluid from the oc charge pump.

/ John Deere 310 A hydraulics quit! #20  
I have a 301a and lost all hydraulics when the loader valve failed internally. Might be worth checking the return to make sure it isn't flowing with no controls engaged. The tractor has a closed center main system that can suck all available fluid from the oc charge pump.

Since FEL use was last action before failure your experience could apply in this case too.