John Deere 310 A hydraulics quit!

/ John Deere 310 A hydraulics quit! #21  
It took me a while before we figured it out. We were about to split the tractor when for some reason we decided to pull the return line and start the tractor. It could also be the bh valves also. Mine failed when I was driving. Another easy way to test is pull the line out on the priority valve and put a pressure gauge on its place and test the steering/shifting. If it works reconnect the loader/backhoe seperately and see which causes the symptoms. If still having issues it's likely the charge pump and you need a service manual to verify with testing procedures.

/ John Deere 310 A hydraulics quit! #22  
The 301 and 310 are based on the jd 1020 ag tractor and share most of the test procedures and psi ranges.

At dealership that I worked at when 1020's were sold new very few 1020's had the same hyd options as their industrial counterparts(IE no hyd reverser or backhoe connections) therefore the diagnostics are different for most ag vs ind models.

/ John Deere 310 A hydraulics quit! #23  
That's why I limited it to MOST test procedures and psi ranges. Like testing the charge and main pump is amost identical. The best way is with the correct service manual for the exact testing procedures provided people haven't changed things on the equipment.

/ John Deere 310 A hydraulics quit! #24  
No pto , it has a permanent backhoe

Then you'll need to ascertain if traction clutch is holding. The only way I know of is to remove the shift cover I referred to in my earlier post. If a hyd control valve is causing the problem you can disconnect the return hose of each control valve(FEL & BH),start engine and if oil flows out return hose with all control levers in neutral then that valve is the problem.

/ John Deere 310 A hydraulics quit! #25  
That's why I limited it to MOST test procedures and psi ranges. Like testing the charge and main pump is amost identical. The best way is with the correct service manual for the exact testing procedures provided people haven't changed things on the equipment.

I agree that a JD tech manual is needed. I disagree that testing the charge & main pump is almost identical.

/ John Deere 310 A hydraulics quit!
I sure appreciate all of you for this info. I'm not able to work on the ol' girl all day because I work full time and we are building a house. Terrible time for her to quit on me but I do have some people to help me with all this pressure checking. Again , thank you so much...will y'all posted with the progress.

/ John Deere 310 A hydraulics quit! #27  
I'm a new member and have 310b john deere and have the same problem no HYD. I was wondering what you did to repair yours.

/ John Deere 310 A hydraulics quit! #28  
I'm a new member and have 310b john deere and have the same problem no HYD. I was wondering what you did to repair yours.

How long since hyd filters were changed and sump screen cleaned? Also check to be sure frt hyd coupler isn't stripped out.

Attachments

• RP3200_________UN01JAN94.gif
    RP3200_________UN01JAN94.gif
    16.4 KB · Views: 285
   / John Deere 310 A hydraulics quit! #29  
The filters have been changed and a new main pump has been installed by some one other than myself. I don't know if that spline was checked when the new pump was installed. Is there a way to check that spline with out taking the pump off?
Thank you for responding so quickly

/ John Deere 310 A hydraulics quit! #30  
Remove the other end ofpump hose and place in a bucket and turn the engine over for a few seconds.

If no flow, either the shaft coupler is messed up or you have lost prime.