John Deere 310 A hydraulics quit!

/ John Deere 310 A hydraulics quit! #1  

Johnpaul

Tractor
John Deere 310 A
Everything was working great... was backing up after dumping the front loader bucket, and the tractor stopped as if I pushed in the clutch. All the hydraulics stopped working, no deterioration of any kind just.....nuthin...hmmmm

/ John Deere 310 A hydraulics quit! #2  
I am willing to bet you have sheared the coupling that drives the pump. It runs off the front of the crank shaft.

Last edited:
   / John Deere 310 A hydraulics quit! #3  
Its either that or problems with the charge pump inside the front transmission case since it works the forward neutral and reverse system plus supplys oil to the main front pump. Im thinking the tractor should drive itself without the front pump since the fnr system works from the low pressure charge pump. Please let us know what you find out. I have a 310a that i use everyday loading gravel and would like to know the reason if mine ever does this.

/ John Deere 310 A hydraulics quit! #4  
I agree on checking frt hyd pump coupler. Also could have stripped the hub out of the engine disconnect clutch.

/ John Deere 310 A hydraulics quit!
So, if it might be the low pressure charge pump, what would it have done to suddenly stop working? The tractor does not move. How could I check the charge pump, and is it the block mounted bottom right side of tranny where the forward/reverse linkage comes in?

So, if it might be the low pressure charge pump, what would it have done to suddenly stop working? The tractor does not move. How could I check the charge pump, and is it the block mounted bottom right side of tranny where the forward/reverse linkage comes in?

Where is the engine disconnect clutch?

/ John Deere 310 A hydraulics quit! #8  
Where is the engine disconnect clutch?

If I am thinking straight....it is in the pump. There should be a single electric connector on the top of the pump.

Last edited:
   / John Deere 310 A hydraulics quit! #9  
I think tx jim may be on the momey. The hub on the engine clutch may have sheared off the rivets causing the transmission input shaft to quit turning. Thus stopping the charge pump. I had a IH 986 do this once.

/ John Deere 310 A hydraulics quit! #10  
I was thinking he meant the pump/engine disconnect.