Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B3200 with BH77 backhoe, Kubota B50 SSQA w/ 54" & 60" buckets, LandPride FDR1660

Default Re: Diverter valve

Quote Originally Posted by J_J View Post
    jim_wilson mentioned there has to be three lines, but the supply line is the important line. It is as long as it needs to be to connect parts.

The OUT and drain lines can go to the nearest port to tank.
    I believe if I shift flow - I only need two lines over to the added valves. I need a pressure line (in) - and an out line. If I don't shift , and just add the additional valves in series with the existing hydraulics - then I'll need to have three - because I need pressure in (from the FEL valve PB) - I need "out" to feed the downstream hydraulics like the backhoe and the 3pt that will be in the series - and I will need a (or at least I believe I will need a) tank drain line - because I'll likely add a motor control spool - and the literature I've read on this says they all need a return to tank and not just an "out" (which goes to additional valves down stream and can be pressurized)

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B3200 with BH77 backhoe, Kubota B50 SSQA w/ 54" & 60" buckets, LandPride FDR1660

Quote Originally Posted by J_J View Post
    Here you go.

Surplus Center - SAE 12 15 GPM 12 VDC HYDRA FORCE SELECTOR VALVE

One port is the default port, and the other is the switched port, or circuit 1 or circuit 2 .
    This is exactly the type of valve I was thinking of - thanks. I'll have to go dig up some Hydraforce literature though to see if that is something that can be exposed to the weather. It looks more like an industrial valve - than a "mobile" valve that is meant for use in exposed weather conditions, extreme cold or heat - etc.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kuborta B2400, L2900, L4330; Caterpillar D3B, John Deere 455D

Jim:

I am not computer literate enough to include a direct link, but you should consider the following valve at Surplus Center because you can connect both "out" circuits at the same time, which will eliminate a pressure spike and help with relieving pressure in your QD lines:

SAE 12 15 GPM DOUBLE SELECTOR VALVE 12VDC P15438-2

I have several Hydra Force valves in use and neither hot (100+ deg F) nor cold (20 deg F; that's cold to me) affects them. They get wet when working in the rain and it has never bothered them. The valve body is aluminum and the coil seems to be well sealed.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Case 580B, Long 460, Allis-Chalmers 160

Farmerford - here's how you insert a direct link -

1. Go to the page you want to link
    2. Click ONCE in the address area (top of the page, where it will say www.surplushydraulics, or similar) - this should turn the entire page address blue, or some other highlight color.
    3. Click EDIT from top of page menu
    4. Click COPY. (this saves that info in windows "clipboard", so you can "paste" it somewhere else later.
    5. Go to your reply, or start one - click once where you want your "link" to appear.
    6. Click EDIT again - choose "PASTE" - your link info should appear, already underlined, in your reply.

It's good to separate links with a blank line before and after, but not necessary.

Give it a try - after a few times, it'll become second nature. Good luck... Steve

Veteran Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Farmerford View Post
    Jim:

I am not computer literate enough to include a direct link, but you should consider the following valve at Surplus Center because you can connect both "out" circuits at the same time, which will eliminate a pressure spike and help with relieving pressure in your QD lines:

SAE 12 15 GPM DOUBLE SELECTOR VALVE 12VDC P15438-2

I have several Hydra Force valves in use and neither hot (100+ deg F) nor cold (20 deg F; that's cold to me) affects them. They get wet when working in the rain and it has never bothered them. The valve body is aluminum and the coil seems to be well sealed.
    Good to know - thanks for the input.

100 degrees is hot for around here - but 20 deg F is t-shirt weather by the time the end of the winter is coming and things are warming up.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234