Diverter valve

/ Diverter valve #1  

Degolyerent

Gold Member
I am in the process of adding a grapple to my Kubota MX4700 and I understand that a Diverter valve is the easiest and most economical way to go. My question is which valve exactly that I need, I was hoping that J.J. could point me in the right direction. I have looked up some specs on my model tractor and they are, pump 9.5 gal. Per minute with a total flow of 14.4 gal. Per minute. It is a open center system.
I have been wanting to add a grapple for a long time and the time has finally come, I would truly appreciate some advice and guidance on this set up.
Thanks
John

/ Diverter valve #3  
   / Diverter valve #4  
Either valve will work fine for you, the $160 unit is a little more refined is all. That with one of these control grips and about $150-$200 in fittings and hoses and you will be all set.

Let me know if you want some help, I can get you any or all parts required. ;)

/ Diverter valve
Gentleman
The valves shown to me are the ones that work off of the curl circuit ? So just alter hose to go to Diverter valve and then out back to curl circuit correct? And then just a single trigger will operate the open and closing of the grapple? I see from the instructions on the valve description the way it ties to cylinders, I just want to make sure I have the correct idea of how it works.
Thanks
John

/ Diverter valve #6  
Yes John, that description is correct.

/ Diverter valve #7  
Gentleman
The valves shown to me are the ones that work off of the curl circuit ? So just alter hose to go to Diverter valve and then out back to curl circuit correct? And then just a single trigger will operate the open and closing of the grapple? I see from the instructions on the valve description the way it ties to cylinders, I just want to make sure I have the correct idea of how it works.
Thanks
John

You would be wise to connect the hoses up so that the curl cyl has fluid with no voltage applied.

You then press the button to activate the grapple and move the joystick for grapple open/close.

If your valve has regen, the grapple will operate faster while in regen

/ Diverter valve
J_J
I thought I was understanding the application pretty good until your last statement, what exactly are you saying? I read on instructions where one side is active with solenoid not activated, there is p1-p2 for hook up, come from tractor joy stick curl up side into valve p1and out p2 back into line to bucket curl cylinder?
John

/ Diverter valve #9  
I am almost positive that the denergized state, will allow fluid to only exit one set of outlets.

Most solenoids work by pushing or pulling a plunger to open an orifice.

So when you activate the solenoid, the plunger moves to open aother orifice.

If you hook the valve up correctly, the default mode is one set of ports will have flow.

Curl circuit should be your default mode.

Activate the solenoid and you now have grapple as long as the voltage is applied.

If you have the selector valve from Surplus, the instructions say that the de-energized state is circuit one.

Solenoid energized, circuit two is activated. This would be the grapple.

/ Diverter valve
Gentleman
I want to thank you very much for the information you have given me, I will order my stuff and get busy.
John