Newbie wants to add remote Hydraulics for a Kelley B15 backhoe to New Holland/Ford 19

/ Newbie wants to add remote Hydraulics for a Kelley B15 backhoe to New Holland/Ford 19 #1  

Asapatrick

Tractor
New Holland/Ford 1925 HST
Hello all,

I just joined your club and and looking forward to learning about adding remote Hydraulics to my tractor. Just got a quote from the dealer for a little over $1000 for parts, and a couple of hours of labor. That is probably not out of the question, considering they will use exact factory parts and controls....will look like a factory option. However, I am kinda interested in the project myself.

I look forward to your input and what has already been posted.

Thanks,

Shannon Flanagan

/ Newbie wants to add remote Hydraulics for a Kelley B15 backhoe to New Holland/Ford 19 #2  
Hydraulics:
Type: open center
Pressure: 2133 psi [147.1 bar]
Pump flow: 6.1 gpm [23.1 lpm]
Total flow: 9.6 gpm [36.3 lpm]
Steering flow: 3.5 gpm [13.2 lpm]

Do you want ford parts or do you want to save about half of dealer cost?

How about a 4 spool remote for $537.85 plus shipping.

You will also need some fittings and hose and QD's.

Two of the spools have float, and one has 3 position detent.

One is just spring centered .

Attachments

• Surplus Center   4 SPOOL SV VALVE OPEN CENTER W POWER BEYOND.png
    Surplus Center 4 SPOOL SV VALVE OPEN CENTER W POWER BEYOND.png
    520.6 KB · Views: 233
   / Newbie wants to add remote Hydraulics for a Kelley B15 backhoe to New Holland/Ford 19
JJ,
Thank you for the reply. I think I really only need a single remote....perhaps I am mistaken there? Do you recommend parts for that?
Also, I am trying to understand where to tap into the oil, and where to return it.

Thanks again,

Shannon

/ Newbie wants to add remote Hydraulics for a Kelley B15 backhoe to New Holland/Ford 19 #4  
I thought that perhaps you wanted to do a lot more with your tractor.

As soon as you install a one spool valve, you will want more.

If you do the one spool stacked valve, you can add to it at any time.

For a single spool monoblock valve I would recommend this valve.

Surplus Center - 1 SPOOL 14 GPM PRINCE WVS11B5C1 DA VALVE

If you have a FEL, you can install the valve downstream using the PB flow from the FEL.

If all you have is 3pt, then you can take the pump flow and feed the IN port of the new valve, and then using the PB adapter, feed the 3pt. The OUT port will go to tank.

/ Newbie wants to add remote Hydraulics for a Kelley B15 backhoe to New Holland/Ford 19
JJ,
I do have an FEL. New to hydraulic plumbing. I have the shop manuals, and frankly, they are vague when it comes pointing out which is the PB. Then how to find where to return the oil after the backhoe uses it?

Shannon