QD "checking" ?

/ QD "checking" ? #1  

Bogi

Tractor
Massey 1533
I have a 3/8 Quick disconnect fitting that seems to flow in one direction but "checks" in the opposite. Its an ISO 5675 Agricultural QD with a ball. Did I get stung by a POS china QD or what? The QD connects a grapple cylinder to loader circuit via solenoid valve that separates bucket curl. The other hose QD seems to work fine.

/ QD "checking" ? #2  
Take the QD apart and see if the o-ring and spring are OK.

If bad, replace the parts or get a new half.

/ QD "checking" ? #3  
I'd suggest to try a different male tip to see if checking stopped.

/ QD "checking" ?
Thanks guys, I'll try both suggestions. Have you ever run into this before? It's troublesome because the cylinder has extended all the way and locked with the pressure and no way to relieve it but cracking the other plugged port on the cyclinder.

/ QD "checking" ? #5  
Yes this does happen on occasion. Sometimes you get them to work at low flow or by feathering the control valve. Make sure halves on the QD of the same type or style. I.e. poppet or ball. I have experienced more failures when using one half that is ball style and one half that is poppet style. They will connect together so this can also add to the confusion.

/ QD "checking" ? #6  
Thanks guys, I'll try both suggestions. Have you ever run into this before? It's troublesome because the cylinder has extended all the way and locked with the pressure and no way to relieve it but cracking the other plugged port on the cyclinder.
Yep. I have a set (bought 2 male/female pairs) where the male side acts as a check.

Aaron Z

/ QD "checking" ? #7  
If those QD's have a mil-spec number, they should all be made to manufacturer specs and interchange with each other.

/ QD "checking" ?
Update. It was the male best I can figure. Took them both apart and it seemed that the spring in the male was kinda wonky, made the ball roll off to the side when pressed in. I have it back together and working good. Thanks again for all your input... I like this place.

/ QD "checking" ? #9  
I had this happen once. Turned out I had blown a cheap QA apart internally, a piece cut the inner hose liner, which then folded on itself and blocked the flow in one direction. Took a little bit to figure that one out. :)

ISZ

/ QD "checking" ? #10  
Yes this does happen on occasion. Sometimes you get them to work at low flow or by feathering the control valve. Make sure halves on the QD of the same type or style. I.e. poppet or ball. I have experienced more failures when using one half that is ball style and one half that is poppet style. They will connect together so this can also add to the confusion.
When you say they will connect together: Do they do so easy or hard or varies all over the place? I am working on a Oliver 1655 diesel and one of the QD can be a really pain (2 people and 15 min of messing) some times both connecting and disconnecting and other times it works fine. I'm thinking it is dirty or mismatched some how.... I'll have to look in side the female parts--- I assume they look different inside right? Are there any other reasons for this some times working? Thanks, Edward