Stuck Hydraulic canister

/ Stuck Hydraulic canister #1  

joe58

Tractor
464 IH
Hi, new to this forum. Recently purchased a IH 464 with 1238 hours. Trying to change hydraulic filter, removed bolt that goes through canister and its stuck. Sprayed it down with about a half can of PB Blaster let it soak overnight and its still stuck. any help would be appreciated.

/ Stuck Hydraulic canister
Finally stuck an extension through bolt hole and pryed like crazy. It finall gave up. ureal it was stuck like that. Thanks :)

/ Stuck Hydraulic canister #3  
It must have been a long,long time since filter had been changed:thumbdown:

/ Stuck Hydraulic canister
Tractor only had 1238 hrs on it, my guess is that its never been changed. Had red paint on gasket, and its a 1976 year model so there you go, 37 yrs. maybe

/ Stuck Hydraulic canister #5  
very likely. and them old gaskets can glue them canisters on.. and or the canister rust to the base.

scarry when you pull an antique apart and see vintage OE style wear items.. ;)

/ Stuck Hydraulic canister #6  
For anyone viewing this, I did this yesterday. Yes, I suspect mine had never been changed. However, I removed the bolt and the cover was just not moving. Thought I had a large enough strap wrench, but it wasn't quite big enough. Got out my 3-lb hammer and gave it just a light tap from the side, and it came loose. Gently, now.

/ Stuck Hydraulic canister #7  
Remember to get all the old gasket off both surfaces, and make sure the canister lip did not warp upon removal.