Wood Splitter valve issues

/ Wood Splitter valve issues #1  

kernal

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 2320
Having an issue with the valve on my wood splitter. I'm not sure what is broke in the valve, and if I should order new or try to rebuild it. Both forward and return stroke is very slow with little pressure and there is no return to center on the forward stroke side of the valve. It feels like the piston may be able to be pulled right out of the valve. It is a CROSS BA valve, and I see rebuild kits are about $30, and a detent kit is another 50. for that I'm probably ahead ordering a new valve from surplus center.

I plan to take the valve off today, to see what I can figure out. Any suggestions, any one familiar with the Cross valve's?

/ Wood Splitter valve issues #3  
If you are sure its the valve, just get a new one. Is this splitter a 2-stage pump??

/ Wood Splitter valve issues
Well, picked up a new valve, got one with the retract detent. Last night I figured I'd take the cross valve apart to see what it would need to be fixed, can always use a spare. Maybe I'll add a log lift someday. Turns out the bolt that holds the return spring on had backed out..... 20 minutes and it was back together. Figures it would be something so simple....

/ Wood Splitter valve issues #5  
Well, picked up a new valve, got one with the retract detent. Last night I figured I'd take the cross valve apart to see what it would need to be fixed, can always use a spare. Maybe I'll add a log lift someday. Turns out the bolt that holds the return spring on had backed out..... 20 minutes and it was back together. Figures it would be something so simple....

Cool you got it fixed. But you do know if you tore it appart BEFORE you got the new valve, it wouldnt have been a simple fix. So its a good thing you waited:thumbsup: