4 cylinder Massey.

/ 4 cylinder Massey. #1  

walyo

Tractor
MF fe35, 4cyl
Hi to all.
I own a Fe35, 4cylinder. Is it possible to add additional hydrolics to the existing set up.
The tractor has just one hydrolic coupling for a trailor ram and if possible I would like to be able to work a two-way ram on the system.
Regards walyo.

/ 4 cylinder Massey. #2  
If you have hyd now, you should be able to add more hyd to the system.

Tell us what you have now, and if it is open center or closed center.

Then tell us the components you need.

Hydraulics:
Capacity: 8 gal [30.3 L]
Pressure: 2800 psi [193.1 bar]
Pump flow: 3.5 gpm [13.2 lpm]

/ 4 cylinder Massey.
Thanks J.J.
I have no idea what open/closed center means. Hope the pic`s help.

Walyo Image1414.jpgImage1412.jpgImage1413.jpg

/ 4 cylinder Massey. #4  
I only see one QD at the back of the tractor.

Where is the valve that supplies the fluid?

Is there a separate hyd pump for the implement?

Open center hyd is where the pump is pumping fluid through all valves to the tank when the levers are in neutral.

Closed center hyd system, there is no flow through the valve until you activate the valve lever. There is standby pressure at the valve.

Show picture of the valve.

/ 4 cylinder Massey.
J.J.
Once again I am lost. All I can say is when I operate the lever in picture 2 it raises the lift arms.Like-wise when I attach the trailor hyd. hose and pull the lever the trailor rises. Drop the lever and the trailor goes down. I cannot locate any other valves or switches .
Excuse my ignorance. As you can see I`m not mechanically minded.
Thank you for any help.
walyo

/ 4 cylinder Massey. #6  
Does your pump have hoses or lines external on the tractor?

If you have steel or hyd hose from the pump going into the tractor, then you can interrupt/cut into the hyd lines and insert a hyd valve and do what you want.

If you can cut the line, then you would run a hose to the IN port of a loader or a remote valve and control a DA cyl, or multiple cyl of you get a three spool valve. .

You will have to know a little bit more , and that is the new valve should have PB, and a PB adapter is required to feed the hyd fluid downstream to the 3pt input.

The OUT port of the new valve should go to reservoir/tank.

Show picture of the pump and hoses/lines from the pump.

/ 4 cylinder Massey. #7  
Walyo:

You can adapt that system to operate a two way cylinder. It requires a selector valve and a directional control valve. The MF 35 series of tractors were built in great numbers and many are still in use. The demand for kits such as you need is great enough that several manufacturers produce them.

You can easily find them on the internet.

If I did it correctly, there will be attached a picture of one such kit. The most important part is the selector valve that replaces the plate on top of the transmission held on with two bolts, just below your right knee as you sit on the tractor.

Attachments

• a16032.jpg
    a16032.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 101
   / 4 cylinder Massey.
Farmerford, many thanks.
That is just the kind of information I need.