jd 850 hitch will not drop

/ jd 850 hitch will not drop #1  

sperea

Tractor
hi i have a john deere 850. started having problem with hitch not working. changed fluid and filter and now the hitch goes up but will not come down until i loosen bolts on valve housing. filter was really gunky but fluid really did not look bad. any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. need to repair this myself. cannot afford to have it done by a shop.

/ jd 850 hitch will not drop #2  
The ROD (rate of drop) valve under the seat, the one with the knob that controls how fast the 3PH drops is probably plugged.

/ jd 850 hitch will not drop
The ROD (rate of drop) valve under the seat, the one with the knob that controls how fast the 3PH drops is probably plugged.

ok it does seem that that whhel turns too easy as compared to other times i turned it. now how do i unclog it? thanks for the help

/ jd 850 hitch will not drop #4  
It's the little lever valve on the side of the control valve,not the round knob .

/ jd 850 hitch will not drop
It's the little lever valve on the side of the control valve,not the round knob .
i took the whole control valve off and made sure everything was clean. nothing clogged. the only way the hitch went down was when i loosened the bolts to take the valve off. any other ideas? thanks