Tractor Supply Store Xtreme Tractor Hydraulic & Transmission Fluid

/ Tractor Supply Store Xtreme Tractor Hydraulic & Transmission Fluid #1  

bradyford

Tractor
Ford 800, 1957
I have a 1957 Ford 800, I put Tractor Supply Store's Xtreme Hydraulic and Trans Fluid in it. It turns milky looking quickly in cold and hot weather. This is copied from the web site:

"Xtremeョ Tractor Hydraulic & Transmission Fluid is designed as a replacement fluid and universal lubricant for farm and industrial tractors and construction equipment. It's a blend of base stocks with an EP (extreme pressure) and AW (anti-wear) additive package and highly active rust, corrosion, and oxidation inhibitors - all in a balanced performance package to insure lubricity, wear protection, and compatibility with seals, o-rings and packing materials. Xtremeョ Tractor Hydraulic & Transmission Fluid is an economical multiple service oil for use in the majority of hydraulic, wet brake, and transmission requirements of most equipment requiring universal tractor fluid"

Two or three time, my 3 pt lift quit lifting for no apparent reason, than after I let it sit awhile, it works normally. Could it be related to the fluid I am using? Is there a reason it is much cheaper than other fluid? I am new to tractors, and am learning as I go. Thanks.

Brady

/ Tractor Supply Store Xtreme Tractor Hydraulic & Transmission Fluid #2  
:welcome: From Ohio, that fluid should be fine.

/ Tractor Supply Store Xtreme Tractor Hydraulic & Transmission Fluid #3  
Turns milky looking? Sure sign of water in the fluid, or a air leak on the return/suction line somewhere.

/ Tractor Supply Store Xtreme Tractor Hydraulic & Transmission Fluid
thanks

/ Tractor Supply Store Xtreme Tractor Hydraulic & Transmission Fluid
I though it was water because before I got it, the fluid looked milky. But since I bought it I changed the fluid and the tractor spends its life in the born our of the rain, but the new fluid turned milky. I just bought a shop manual so I will attempt to trouble shoot air in the return or suction line. I guess that could also explain the 3 pt hitch not lifting the bushhog for no apparent reason while mowing?

thanks for answering
brady

/ Tractor Supply Store Xtreme Tractor Hydraulic & Transmission Fluid #6  
You may have to change out the fluid several times to get rid of the milky look.

Some people on here make a flushing mix to help get rid of the emulsified fluid.