Loader problem

/ Loader problem #1  

stiverp

Tractor
jd 314 and MM bg
I have a Yanmar 3110D with OEM loader. The loader operation speed was hard to control. Almost to the point of being unsafe. If you wanted to lift slow and moved the control handle slow it would suddenly start lifting and if you backed off it would stop suddenly and cause the whole tractor and what ever you were lifting to bounce and jerk. It happens if you are lowering also. I decided to switch out the twin handle for a joy stick (10 gpm). It does the same thing. Was hoping the old one was just worn out. What do I need to do or change to be able to control the loader. BTW, this is not the first loader or tractor I've owned. Its not the person using it. Several have tried. I think this is my first post on here. I wanted to thank every one for the information on here.:thumbsup:

/ Loader problem #2  
Put some restricters in the work ports.

/ Loader problem #3  
   / Loader problem #4  
Since some valves meter better than others you may have to look at purchasing a more expensive valve with better metering characteristics. Problem is that most valve companies don't publish good data on how well they meter.

Husco is probably the most widely recognized valve manufacturer but they are also frequently the most expensive.

Prince and Brand both make valves specially designed for loader use. These usually have some metering capabilities.

I had a Nimco that had zero metering and was the "factory" stock valve. I installed a prince LVT and it is much better for the main loader. Still not the best for dumping.

Flow controls are a band aide they would provide control under a given set of conditions. Load changes, oil temp changes, etc. reduce how consistent and effective they are.

/ Loader problem
Question, would I put it on the return line so it would meter up and down? What would that do to the dump/scoop action?

/ Loader problem #6  
If it was me I would put them in the work ports only and not restrict the main flow at all. If you do and use the loader for a few hours the heat buildup might not be as much.

/ Loader problem
I want to thank everyone for their help. I used a 7/16 set screw and threaded the plug. Then drilled it out to 5/32, placed it on the tractor and it slowed down the speed to a good controlable speed. thanks everyone.

/ Loader problem
Update.... I also made one for the curl. It is really nice to not have the tractor jerking and bouncing with every touch of the joystick. I put the set screws in the joystick out to the cylinders. the 7/16 was an easy tap to a jic 8 to 6 adapter. Thanks again for the information!!!!