joystick question

/ joystick question #1  

sparc

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 4410, NH TC-25, Bobcat M610, JD X534, Dig-It Model 158, JD Ztrak 737. 6X4 Gator
Is there a reason why a joystick could not be mounted so that the stick hangs
vertical from the valve body as opposed to being on top as is normally done?

Why? Don't ask. It's just a dumb question that I have not seen asked or answered.
I don't see why myself but not being into hydraulics I have no idea. I know everything
would be reversed in direction but that has nothing to do with if the joystick would
operate reliably inverted.

/ joystick question #2  
I see no reason why one couldn't mount the JS handle pointing down. Hyd oil will work running up hill or down hill.

/ joystick question
I didn't see a reason why either but figured I'd ask. I would like to add remotes to my Ford 2600 for a Top link and a second remote possibly for tilt or for hydraulics on an attachment. And I was thinking of using a joystick mounted inverted under the controls for the loader (Bush Hog 2400QT)

IMAG1198 (Medium).jpg

IMAG1200 (Medium).jpg

IMAG1200 (Medium).jpg

IMAG1203.jpg

You can see the setup as it exists now in the photos above which were taken right after I bought it early this spring.

For the loader to work the lever has to be held back by a spring visible in the last photo. If I remove the spring the lever will want to return to the 3 pt. So as it works now if I have a BB or other attachment on the 3 pt and want to lift it I have to hold the lever forward to direct pressure to the rear. I want to do away with this mess mand add two remotes circuits.

So what do I need to be able to use the rear remotes without having to disconnect the loader and also eliminate the jury rig that powers the loader now?

I'd like to have a BB with hydraulic top link on the tractor at the same time as I would use the loader.

Trying to figure out how much of this I can get from FitRite and what else I will need to complete this.

Attachments

• IMAG1199 (Medium).jpg
    IMAG1199 (Medium).jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 109
   / joystick question #4  
You can use a joystick valve in whatever position you want.

However it is not ideal for remotes. Regen might cause some confusion.

A 2 to 4 spool valve with float, and other features would be better.

Does the FEL valve go with the loader? Iif so, connect the IN hose and the PB hose together, and cap the OUT hose.

If the FEL valve stays with the tractor, just remove the work port hoses and plug the work ports.

/ joystick question
The FEL valves go with the loader when its disconnected from the tractor.

Then I am left with the two ports you see beneath the seat in the first photo.

There are only the two hoses at present.

/ joystick question
   / joystick question
Not doubting you JJ, just trying to understand, but how would having a valve with a higher flow capacity hurt system operation. If I'm running for example a max of 10gpm because that is my pumps limit i will still get 10 gpm through the valves. Icould see the reverse being a problem of course.

I don't know where I could find the flow rate for this old Ford 2600. I will search the owners manual and see if its in there.

/ joystick question #9  
Your Ford 2600 hyd tank capacity is about

6.15 gal [23.3 L]

As far as using a larger valve, by the time you move the valve lever 1/3, you are flowing the full pump flow.

The purpose of matching the valve to the flow is to have good finesse /feathering, otherwise fine control.

/ joystick question
OK, that makes sense, I hadn't thought about that aspect of it.
Thanks for explaining that JJ.