FEL Hyd Connections

/ FEL Hyd Connections #1  

Skeeter Madness

Tractor
Kubota MX5100; RTV X1100CWL
Hoping someone can help with an ongoing problem I'm having with my MX5100/LA844 FEL. Both times that I have removed my FEL, I have to loosen a female QD from the hose to relieve built up pressure before it will reconnect. The first time it didn't seem to have a lot of pressure built up, but once I loosened it and bled the fluid off, it connected really easy. This time there was enough pressure for it to spray out when loosened, and then connected easy.

I have ensured that when I remove the FEL from the tractor, I relieve the pressure (with the tractor shut off) by rotating the FEL lever in all four positions for at least 15-30 secs each (a prior recommendation), but that didn't help this time. When removed from the tractor, the FEL is left in the barn, so it's not sitting in direct sunlight (heat build-up).

Any ideas about how to remedy?

/ FEL Hyd Connections #2  
There really is not remedy for that type of QD.

They make QD's that can connect under pressure.

Temp is the factor in the inability to connect at times.

If you connected and disconnected at say, 50 degrees, I don't believe you would have any problems.

Increased temp will cause a build up in pressure.

I just push the male tip against a hard flat surface, and that usually relieves the pressure.

You could also make up a dummy plug with a length of PVC full of rags to absorb the buildup of fluid. Just plug into the dummy plug when you disconnect from the tractor.

You could also suck in water or air if the QD is left in water, as a vacuum is formed when the fluid cools.

/ FEL Hyd Connections #3  
I had the same problem with my grapple. I mounted two female QCs to the lid of a 5 gallon bucket. I connect the grapple hose to the QCs when I remove it. Problem solved.

/ FEL Hyd Connections
Thanks guys!