DiscountHydraulicHose.com

/ DiscountHydraulicHose.com #31  
Years ago, I picked up a fudge factor in using QD's, and that is to go up one size.

For example, if using 3/8 in hose, then use 1/2 in QD's.

Here is some data that might be useful.

Hydraulic Warehouse - Size Chart

/ DiscountHydraulicHose.com #32  
Yeah, that's what I'm doing - my two smaller tractors are getting 3/8 hose, 1/2" QD's on remotes and other mods - the BH uses 3/4" hose most places, the tank return is at least 1", and the QD's to bypass the hoe are at least 1-1/4 (the actual sleeves are nearly 2")

I'm thinkin' that when I get to ordering fittings for the hoe projects, I'm gonna need a co-signer :eek: Steve

/ DiscountHydraulicHose.com #33  
No way around it. QD's restrict flow. Just the nature of the beast

/ DiscountHydraulicHose.com #34  
That is why you use one size larger QD.

It would be easy enough to test.

Connect a full set of QD to a hose and place in a 5 gal bucket and measure the flow,

Then remove the QD and place the hose in a bucket and measure the flow.

I don't believe you will see a big difference.

/ DiscountHydraulicHose.com #35  
Ken, I've had no luck either online or on the phone getting this info, hopefully you can help -

I ordered and received 3 different sizes of "convert-a-flare" tube fittings, specifically 3/8, 1/2" and 3/4" - it's finally time for these to get installed, but to date I've found NO HELP WHATEVER on install directions - things like positioning of the tubing in the 419 sleeve, # of turns past finger tight, using a fitting instead of the million-dollar tool, etc -

I'll be using the fitting to set these, in case it wasn't obvious :rolleyes:

I REALLY need to get on with this, please advise. On one of the sizes, I only bought a couple spares, so it's not like I can go "trial and error" here.

Thanks in advance for ANY help you can give... Steve

/ DiscountHydraulicHose.com #37  
Do you stock hyd dust caps and plugs for QD's.

/ DiscountHydraulicHose.com #39  
Wow just ordered 2 -16 foot hoses with all the fittings and QDs it was 75% cheaper than my local auto parts store and got them in just 2 days.
Will definitely order again. your online catalog is great.:cool2: