Front end loader control is stuck.

/ Front end loader control is stuck. #51  
I have to remove the loader on my tractor.
You might check for youtube videos that will help you, I found this one. Go to minute 4, the guy is taking the detent balls and springs out of his valve. There's probably better ones if you hunt around.

I also video things like this when I take them apart, then dump the video on my laptop so I can watch it while I do the reassembly.

/ Front end loader control is stuck. #52  
Yes sir, that is correct.

/ Front end loader control is stuck. #53  
Be careful, with the HUSCO valve the detent balls are a similar design with 4 balls energised by 1 larger ball with a spring behind it. Where you have to be careful is that when you remove the detent sleeve the balls have a tendency to "spring out". Just be careful you do not lose them. Make sure you lubricate them on reassembly.

/ Front end loader control is stuck. #54  
Be careful, with the HUSCO valve the detent balls are a similar design with 4 balls energised by 1 larger ball with a spring behind it. Where you have to be careful is that when you remove the detent sleeve the balls have a tendency to "spring out". Just be careful you do not lose them. Make sure you lubricate them on reassembly.

It's been too cold to do this repair. If I were to carefully drill weep holes towards the bottom of the sleeves (while still assembled), will that damage anything?
Seems as if that might be easier than removing them??

/ Front end loader control is stuck. #55  
I can not comment or condone this type of modification, however, I understand the problem. I am not exactly sure the internal configuration but if you take a look at the part number on the nametag I will be able to have a look.

/ Front end loader control is stuck. #56  
You need to inspect the assembly anyway, so look for a weep hole or drill one when you have it dissembled.

/ Front end loader control is stuck. #57  
My l5740 loader is stuck in for word position