Front end loader control is stuck.

/ Front end loader control is stuck. #1  

PETDOC

B2710 Kubota with 430 hours. Several months ago the control for lowering the front end loader became difficult to engage. Bucket tilt works fine. Problem progressed to where I had to raise the front end loader then snap the joy stick down to get it to move the rod into the control box. Last night it stuck in the down position. With the bucket on the ground I had to back the tractor to the barn. I removed the control box cover, loosened the 2 Allen bolts that hold the small ring around the rod, spayed with WD40, detached the joy stick and rotated the rod to and fro--all to no avail. The rod is still stuck in the down positioning in the control box.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

/ Front end loader control is stuck. #2  
More than likely the problem is on the opposite end of the spool located with the detent spring. I presume the control is fine and not sticking.

/ Front end loader control is stuck. #3  
chances are your detent has come apart and you will need to take apart the valve.

/ Front end loader control is stuck.
Jim,
I do all the of the maintenance and repairs to my motorcycle and much of it on my car, but hydraulics are a bit foreign to me. Can you elaborate on the spool and detent spring? When you ask if the control is fine the bucket tilt function works fine, but the control for the lift part is buried in the small cigar-shaped box and the joystick is immovable in a forward or backward position.

chances are your detent has come apart and you will need to take apart the valve.

Is the detent inside the metal box of the control unit? Do you or anyone else have a link to a schematic showing the parts of the control box?

/ Front end loader control is stuck. #6  
Here is the loader for my B7800, now you can see where the parts are. This might not be ths same as yours, but should help some.

Attachments

• B7800 LA402[1] Loader Parts.pdf
    469.5 KB · Views: 3,746
   / Front end loader control is stuck. #7  
I would suggest removing the spool and check for debris, rubber, metal, etc.

Just remove the valve lever or cable.

Remove the end cap. Remove the float assemble and spring centering assembly, and then remove the spool and check inside the spool housing and spool for damage. With all the parts off of the spool, it should just slide freely in the spool bore.

The detent is inside the end cap.

Things could have come loose, and if so, and you know where all the parts go, then reassembly and check for free movement.

Thanks for all the helpful advice. LeeJohn thanks especially for the schematic on your loader, an LA402. My loader is an LA401 so I suspect the differences are minimal. I removed the entire hydraulic control unit and was sorely tempted to remove the end cap; however, never having before worked on hydraulic systems I decided to take it to a neighbor who repairs tractors for a living. As soon as I get the answer I'll post the result.
Curious if anyone has ever replaced the Husco control valve with one made by Prince? It would be nice to have something where the OEM would sell parts directly to the public.

/ Front end loader control is stuck. #9  
J.J.,
Thanks for the information. My loader control does have a joystick and 7 hoses attached. I went to the Husco web site and believe the hydraulic control used by Kubota on my loader is the Husco 9210. Please excuse my ignorance, but what do the terms regen and PB stand for?