tractor top-n-tilt & third-function plans

/ tractor top-n-tilt & third-function plans
yes sir; I used to be a pipefitter, so I should be able to lay-out "right-of-ways"
& run tubing.

What I am trying to tell you is that if you know how, and can select parts and put it all together, you can save about 1/2 the cost.

J.J. & Rigustafson:

If I had the same list of the (right) parts that someone else just used to install a "top-n-tilt/3rd function"
& a rough pencil sketch--I believe I could "git-er-dun."

I've already read many of the threads & e-mailed Brian . . . the information is really good & Brian is so very
helpful, but I've never run hydraulic & don't want to burn up my pump.

/ tractor top-n-tilt & third-function plans #13  
So have you seen this yet? It is really all you need to be able to run the hydraulics for your L3800. ;)

If you want to build your links yourself, buy 2" dia cylinders with a 10" stroke for the top link and a 4" stroke for the side link and just cut the ends off of your OEM units and weld those onto the hydraulics. That is about as inexpensive as I can see you doing this, not the best way, just the cheapest. Be careful about what valves you purchase, some leak quite a bit more than others and make for other problems. Just because it may say "Made in USA" does not make that product good. :( Sad but true. ;)

So have you seen this yet? It is really all you need to be able to run the hydraulics for your L3800. ;)

If you want to build your links yourself, buy 2" dia cylinders with a 10" stroke for the top link and a 4" stroke for the side link and just cut the ends off of your OEM units and weld those onto the hydraulics. That is about as inexpensive as I can see you doing this, not the best way, just the cheapest. Be careful about what valves you purchase, some leak quite a bit more than others and make for other problems. Just because it may say "Made in USA" does not make that product good. :( Sad but true. ;)

thank you, sir; that helped a lot.