1980 John Deere 1050 75 fel Hyd issues q

/ 1980 John Deere 1050 75 fel Hyd issues q #11  
Cville John
I just checked and there's no 2 spool hyd valve listed in the model 75 FEL parts catalog so is you loader controlled by tractor SCV's? I posted a 1050 tractor hyd line schematic for factory scv.

TX Jim in the loader kit parts does it show the 3/8" pipe plug? Also it sounds as if the feed back isn't set right.

/ 1980 John Deere 1050 75 fel Hyd issues q #12  
What brand valve does your tractor have? Valve in photo is a Cessna. Also what's your tractors serial number?

Attachments

• RP142__________UN01JAN94.gif
    RP142__________UN01JAN94.gif
    30.6 KB · Views: 1,338
   / 1980 John Deere 1050 75 fel Hyd issues q #13  
Some tractors have spring return to neutral, and others will stay in the raise position, therefore when the 3pt is fully extended, the gage will show relief pressure.

J_J
I can't remember any 3 pt control valves not returning to neutral when 3 pt has raised but I've only been around JD,Ford & K ubota tractors. Can you name any brands you referred to that the 3 pt control valve doesn't return to neutral when set 3 pt travel is attained? Thanks,Jim

/ 1980 John Deere 1050 75 fel Hyd issues q #14  
TX Jim I'm talking about the 3/8 plug that goes in the rockshaft. I had the 950 and it had to be used in it.

/ 1980 John Deere 1050 75 fel Hyd issues q #15  
Is parts key #14 the plug you're referring to?

Attachments

• RE031157_______UN01NOV99.gif
    RE031157_______UN01NOV99.gif
    40.3 KB · Views: 685
   / 1980 John Deere 1050 75 fel Hyd issues q #16  
Is parts key #14 the plug you're referring to?

No thats not it. The one I'm taking about went in the back under a plug to give it PB. I'm trying to remember just where you had to put it, it has been a long time ago.

/ 1980 John Deere 1050 75 fel Hyd issues q #17  
J_J
I can't remember any 3 pt control valves not returning to neutral when 3 pt has raised but I've only been around JD,Ford & K ubota tractors. Can you name any brands you referred to that the 3 pt control valve doesn't return to neutral when set 3 pt travel is attained? Thanks,Jim

This is just one reference.

Select Control Type: This is the most basic system that John Deere uses to control the 3pt hitch system. This type uses a rockshaft control lever that has an up, down and neutral position. Implement positioning is controlled by how quickly an operator can return the lever to the neutral position. You push the rockshaft control lever forward to lower and back to raise an implement. The middle position is neutral and on newer tractors the control lever will return to neutral automatically as soon as the operator releases the control lever from up or down positions while some older tractors the operator had to return the lever to neutral manually. With this basic system an operator may get the implement in the same position 1 out of 100 times. This type is neither precise nor accurate.

/ 1980 John Deere 1050 75 fel Hyd issues q #18  
This is just one reference.

Select Control Type: This is the most basic system that John Deere uses to control the 3pt hitch system. This type uses a rockshaft control lever that has an up, down and neutral position. Implement positioning is controlled by how quickly an operator can return the lever to the neutral position.

J_J
Please be more precise on these JD tractors that you allure to. After being employed at a JD dealership in parts and service for over 21 years I would like you to name these JD tractors that have this type 3 pt control valves. Personally the only JD tractors models I can think of were early 2 cylinders built WAY BACK in the early 40's but will be waiting for the model #s that you think fit your criteria.Thanks,Jim

/ 1980 John Deere 1050 75 fel Hyd issues q #19  
You can wait but I am not going to research all the tractors that have been produced.

Just using logic. Maybe flawed, maybe not.

If the 3pt system is spring loaded to neutral, explain how the implement will float.

Does neutral not shut off all flow to the cyl?

I know the implement is supposed to remain stationary when in neutral with a perfect hyd system.

/ 1980 John Deere 1050 75 fel Hyd issues q #20  
J_J
I'm not trying to argue with you but I think information posted on tractor sites should be correct. That being stated if I state incorrect information I welcome someone to correct my misinformation. This is your statement I disagree with[/quote]With this basic system an operator may get the implement in the same position 1 out of 100 times. This type is neither precise nor accurate.[/quote]

On JD tractors that I'm familiar with the 3 pt control lever isn't spring loaded to center. The control handle operates a separate pressure & return valve .Too my knowledge nearly all farm tractors have the capability for the 3 pt to float as the 3 pt has no down pressure. Older 2 cylinder JD's(styled series in mid 40's) had pressure and return valves built in to the rockshaft control valve. JD called this system Power-Trol which I'm nearly 100% sure was a Trade-mark. Later 2 cyl's had center link load sensing then JD went to lower link load sensing that was called load and depth control. It operated much better at keeping a constant load on engine when plowing IF BIG IF the L/D mechanism was properly adjusted. The hyd system I just mentioned has the capability of returning implement on 3 pt back very close to where it was. I think you may be referring to a 3 pt control valve that operates similar to a spool valve which the JD tractors I'm familiar with didn't have spool valves but a JD engineer designed 3 pt control valve.

This thread was created about a tractor that is JD but not JD engineered but rather Yanmar engineered.
Thank you,Jim