Kubota L3200 TnT & 3rd function install (work in progress)

/ Kubota L3200 TnT & 3rd function install (work in progress)
Oh, and I looked at the valve a bit more regarding potential hydraulic injection... The bottom of the seat is steel & covers 95% of any potential impact vectors. About the only way a leak could get a good angle on my but or arm would be one of the fittings, none of the hose has an angle towards me without the seat being in the way.

/ Kubota L3200 TnT & 3rd function install (work in progress) #32  
This is an example of a hose burst beside the hand.

Attachments

• fluid injury1.jpg
    fluid injury1.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 1,530
   / Kubota L3200 TnT & 3rd function install (work in progress) #33  
Fallon, on the hose at the rod end of the top link, how would it work out if that hose pointed forward and it would then make an S shape. We may need a 36" hose to do that, but I ended up doing that on my smaller tractor to get the hose away from the hitch, but still have enough movement in the hose. ;)

/ Kubota L3200 TnT & 3rd function install (work in progress) #34  
OK, This was interesting but I am a bit confused. I have a L3600 which has never had a FEL and I acquired an older Wood loader off another 3600 but not the fittings on the hydraulic block. The loader hoses (3) all have Safeway 20 series QD and I can get the missing parts to match. Are the threads on the Kubota hydraulic block metric or NPT?
And since I am going to be into it, I thought now is the time to add a pair of remotes off the back, for tilt and grader blade angle. I get that I will combine the returns so I need to tee before going into the block, correct? How do i know which hose goes to tank and which is PB? Does the PB line now go to the new remote valve? I am looking at the 2 SPOOL 8 GPM PRINCE MB21BB5C1 DA VALVE. Does the new valve need to set up as PB also or can it be an open center. This valve is rated 8 gpm max while the specifications list the 3600 at 7.8 gpm but on the hyd block detail page it is listed as 8.2 gpm. Sorry, i don't quite understand how PB works in this case.
Ed

/ Kubota L3200 TnT & 3rd function install (work in progress) #35  
Take a look here.

I highly recommend 3 sets of rear remotes. If you end up with a complete top & tilt set and then to angle your rear blade, there's 3 and you are barely started. ;)

/ Kubota L3200 TnT & 3rd function install (work in progress) #36  
Brian thanks. 2 questions - are those metric threads on the Kubota block? And on the loader valve, how do I tell which hose is which?
Ed
BTW - your stuff looks very nice.

/ Kubota L3200 TnT & 3rd function install (work in progress) #37  
Brian thanks. 2 questions - are those metric threads on the Kubota block? And on the loader valve, how do I tell which hose is which?
Ed
BTW - your stuff looks very nice.
Thanks.

I believe that they are just pipe threads on the hyd block, get the block before you get the fittings. The valve should have markings on the 3 ports. T for tank. P for pressure and PB or PBY for power beyond.

/ Kubota L3200 TnT & 3rd function install (work in progress)
I'm assuming the threads coming out of the block are NTP as they have have pipe tape on them. There was an adapter from whatever had the pipe tape on it to JIC #8. At least on my L3200. And based on my history I might not be the best person to rely on identifying thread types.

I'm still not happy with the connections in back on mine, but an continuing to fiddle. Using a 1x6 tall skinny bracket (LIke Number9l's) for the QD's might be a better idea than the 2x3 wider bracket (I am limited on lowering my bracket due to it being wide enough to barely hit one of the 3pt arms when it's raised). Putting 90's on the back of the QD's rather than the 45's would let you push the bracket back towards the seat for more clearance between the quick hitch (or implement).

I'm probably going to get another handful of fittings to try & get something I like better & start my hydraulics spare parts box.

/ Kubota L3200 TnT & 3rd function install (work in progress) #39  
OK, This was interesting but I am a bit confused. I have a L3600 which has never had a FEL and I acquired an older Wood loader off another 3600 but not the fittings on the hydraulic block. The loader hoses (3) all have Safeway 20 series QD and I can get the missing parts to match. Are the threads on the Kubota hydraulic block metric or NPT?
And since I am going to be into it, I thought now is the time to add a pair of remotes off the back, for tilt and grader blade angle. I get that I will combine the returns so I need to tee before going into the block, correct? How do i know which hose goes to tank and which is PB? Does the PB line now go to the new remote valve? I am looking at the 2 SPOOL 8 GPM PRINCE MB21BB5C1 DA VALVE. Does the new valve need to set up as PB also or can it be an open center. This valve is rated 8 gpm max while the specifications list the 3600 at 7.8 gpm but on the hyd block detail page it is listed as 8.2 gpm. Sorry, i don't quite understand how PB works in this case.
Ed

PB [ Power beyond ] with adapter, is designed to pass high pressure fluid to the next valve. You should always use it in a series hyd circuit.

A lot of valves have a PB port, but not functional until you install an adapter.

Your PB from the loader may return to the hyd block, if not, the PB port with adapter from the loader will connect to the IN port of the remotes.

The remotes PB will connect to the 3pt.

All the return lines can be teed

All valves should be in series, and then you need to setup the relief pressures for all valves at tractor specs.

/ Kubota L3200 TnT & 3rd function install (work in progress) #40  
Fallon - enjoy following your creation. Will pull off my fender and look to see what room I have to work with. I did notice that the left side seems to have more area for the valve.

JJ - thanks for the explanation. So the new valve output will power the 3 PH - understand now. So the 3 PH does not use a lot of flow so I think I am safe using a 8 gpm max valve. Will order the PB adapter.

On my L2850, when I disconnect the FEL, I loop one line back onto another. Is this the Loader inlet going to the PB? Do I need to make a provision of this on the L3600?