3pt. bogs & chatters on Ford 1510

/ 3pt. bogs & chatters on Ford 1510 #1  

geezer32095

Tractor
Ford 1510
OK finally got hydro sorted out & installed new (used) pump.. (I was having problems with intermittent 3pt hitch not working.) I am using a 30 inch 3pt scoop on a Ford 1510. 3pt has lots of power, goes up & down etc. However when it hits as high as it can go it bogs the engine down a few hundred rpms. (it IS the right pump) it did it from the first time I raised it after installing the new pump. . I put it up and down a few times to see if it would work out didn't seem to so I moved the upper limit stop on the control lever to stop it just before the bogging starts.

Used it quite a bit yesterday and several hrs again 2day. Noticed that when at the high limit I set there is a slight "chatter" vibration especially when loaded (the scoop) and just a little when empty so I move the lever down just a tad & it goes away..

Problem being, I am not getting all the lift now and the scoop doesn't quite tip straight down & sticky dirt doesn't all come out.. Any ideas/thoughts?? I could move the links in a hole & gain some hight but I am wondering why the bogging etc & if there is an adjustment or something..

/ 3pt. bogs & chatters on Ford 1510 #2  
You should have a relief valve in the 3pt circuit, and when you raise the lever and hold it there, the relief valve should go off at a set pressure and the pump is working real hard will put a heavy load on the engine and lower the rpm's until you move the lever back to neutral or the load is removed.

/ 3pt. bogs & chatters on Ford 1510
So you are saying the relief valve isn't relieving?? Is it damaging anything usibg it as I have it set?? There is a relief valve within a divirter manifold where a loader could be attached etc.

/ 3pt. bogs & chatters on Ford 1510 #4  
There should be a relief valve in any hyd circuit.

If it is not working, the pump pressure could damage some of the hyd components.

You should find out the tractor specs for the relief valve and use a 3000 psi hyd gage to check and set it.

I don't know where you have it set, do you know. The pressure is usually set at 50 to 100 psi below the pumps max psi rating.

Whoever designed the tractor, figured out all the specs for the tractor to work at a specific capacity, and in dealing with hyd, you are generally talking about load from the 3pt or loader, etc. Otherwise how much work can be accomplished with what. you have.

/ 3pt. bogs & chatters on Ford 1510 #5  
Your feed back is out of adjustment. Check your manual and see if you can find it in there. If not repost and someone can walk you thru the adjustment.

Thanks for the info.. nothing in the owner/operators manual no specs, just stuff like the lifting load etc. .. I didn't kno it could be set, what to set it at, should be factory set, but I am not the first owner either so who knows.. or how to do it anyway. I am not mechanicly inclined. (the new pump was just take off old one & bolt on new ) If necessary, I have an extra manifold/diverter block I can take to local Cat, or JD, or Kubota place. I would think they can find the correct settings.. There is no Ford dealer within reasonable distance.

I do have a friend that can follow the directions but we wont have a hydro gauge available.

/ 3pt. bogs & chatters on Ford 1510 #7  
You can build yourself a hyd gage test set for about $30.

This liquid filled gage and a short hose with a QD to match your tractor QD, or a gage and adapter into a female QD.

Mount a male QD in a tee in the IN port of the loader valve or wherever you want to measure.

3000 PSI 2.5" LF LM GAUGE

TSC might also have the gages.

Attachments

• 3000 psi hyd test gage set.jpg
    3000 psi hyd test gage set.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 96
  • 3000 psi hyd test gage set1.jpg
    3000 psi hyd test gage set1.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 92
Thanks J.J. BTW I am in St. Auggy 15 min from Ringpower. They may have it too. Now I need to find the setting.. We have a TSC also..

ok found the max pressure is 2,133 psi now how to adjust the relief valve to about 100 psi lower than that?? I will find a gauge tomorrow..

Last edited:
   / 3pt. bogs & chatters on Ford 1510 #10  
If the relief valve is adjustable, connect the gage and max the cyl until the relief presure shows, and then adjust it as needed,

If the relief is adjusted using shims, then you need the right shims to increase pressure. They come in different thickness for a certain amount of pressure.