John Deere 850 Fluids

/ John Deere 850 Fluids #1  

SuperA

Bronze Member
Tractor
FORD 4110 LCG , International 300 Utility, Farmall Super A, Farmall Cub
New JD owner here in need of help......Can someone please advise me exactly what Hydraulic Fluid to use in My John Deere 850 Diesel Tractor. Not Positive about the exact year.... I just changed a blown hydraulic hose and am not sure what type of oil to add , also need to know if it needs to be bled out somehow or will it work the air out on it's own?? This is my First tractor with hydraulic attachments and am not familiar. the Service Manual only states the fluid capacity but oddly enough not the exact Type / weight oil to use. If you can also list the other Types of fluids that would be greatly appreciated also. Thank You, DanO'

/ John Deere 850 Fluids #3  
There is a serial number break at 16000 but guessing all would use the same oils.

Trans fluid is listed as Low viscosity HY-GARD or Mil spec MIL-L-46167 which I used to cross reference to my Tractor Supply oil like moship said. Mine took about 6 gallons for a change.

If you have MFWD Your front axle is GL-5 gear lube they call out different weights for temperature ranges but 90w is what I had on hand and worked for me.

The hydraulics should bleed themselves if you work them a few times.

/ John Deere 850 Fluids #4  
Tractor supply's traveler brand covers the specs for the 850. If you need a cheaper place for parts for it check hoye. I believe the 850 is the yanmar ym2300. Yanmar's numbering for that series is the pto hp. The parts are at least 90% the same with some convience/safety feat being different.