New Holland tn75s aux hydraulics question

/ New Holland tn75s aux hydraulics question #1  

GarethVW

Tractor
New Holland TN75S
I run a stump grinder that uses an auxiliary hydraulic valve in the open position to power a 3 spool valve to control the movement of the grinder, like how a backhoe works. So, my question is, when i am grinding, and have to back up, in order to raise the 3 point I have to shut off the aux hydraulic valve every time. Is there a way to allow the 3 point to function with the aux hydraulic valve open?
Also, has anyone installed a separate valve for the loader control so you aren't using the rear remotes?

/ New Holland tn75s aux hydraulics question #2  
It depends.

If the hyd system is open center, all valves are in series. so your flow path might look like this, pump to loader , to remote, to 3pt, to tank.

If you are using the work ports on the remote valve and lock the lever open to provide flow to the grinder, you are providing full flow to the grinder and no fluid to the 3pt.

Simple answer is to return the remote lever to neutral and move the tractor and then re-lock the lever for full flow to the grinder.

If the lever were friction control, you could provide about 90 % flow to the grinder and 10 % to the 3pt.

You could also add a splitter valve and always provide priority flow to the 3pt, and the remaining flow to the remote valve. You would then feed the OUT From the grinder valve to a return hose.

Last edited:
   / New Holland tn75s aux hydraulics question #3  
I run a stump grinder that uses an auxiliary hydraulic valve in the open position to power a 3 spool valve to control the movement of the grinder, like how a backhoe works. So, my question is, when i am grinding, and have to back up, in order to raise the 3 point I have to shut off the aux hydraulic valve every time. Is there a way to allow the 3 point to function with the aux hydraulic valve open?

No.
Also, has anyone installed a separate valve for the loader control so you aren't using the rear remotes?
A midmount valve designed to control a loader was optional equipment on later production TN tractors. If you have an early TN or your later one does not have a mid mount valve, adding additional rear remote valves and controlling them with a joystick is a less expensive option than adding the mid-mount.

/ New Holland tn75s aux hydraulics question
My loader is controlled by the rear remotes and a cable operated joystick. The one reson I was asking about a mid mount valve is one of the cables is sticking and apparently the fix is a $400 complete joystick assembly! The cables are not available separately! It was just a thought. Also, RickB if you have a chance to look at the new holland forum I posted a question about my shuttle shift there. Although I think I need to try and get the code off my tractor before people can help. But if you have any suggestions that would be great!

/ New Holland tn75s aux hydraulics question #5  
YES. You can.

If any valve is not using max flow upstream, any remaining fluid will be provided to the next valve.

Thank you JJ I will definitely try that! I know the stump grinder doesn't need all the aux flow so I will try and closing the valve some and see if I can get it to work:) It is certainly easy enough to try!

/ New Holland tn75s aux hydraulics question #7  
If you are using the remote work ports to feed the grinder, then half lever will let you move the 3pt any time you need to.

Your remote is feeding the 3pt correct?

I see you have 9.3 GPM.

I am assuming the remote feeds the 3 point. Also, I just updated my info I have a New Holland tn75s now not the Ford 2120. And I think the hydraulic flow on mine is 16.9 gpm. There was a high flow option maybe that mine has?

/ New Holland tn75s aux hydraulics question #9  
You can pull all the levers you want; half way or all the way. Oil flow will go to the function that requires the least pressure to do the work; no further (path of least resistance).
Be sure to post back and tell us how you fare.

/ New Holland tn75s aux hydraulics question #10  
GarethVW,

You can install a joystick loader valve like this one for about $311.

2 SPOOL 14 GPM PRINCE LVR JOYSTICK LOADER VALVE

You would run the pump output into the IN port of the loader valve and the loader valve PB port with adapter will go back to the remote IN port, and then to the 3pt.

You will still have to give the 3pt some fluid while running the grinder unless you use a valve like this.

Option:

This is a 5/30 GPM valve that will provide a flow of 5 GPM CF [Control Flow] to the remotes and 3pt, and 11 GPM EF [Excess Flow] to the grinder.

5/30 GPM PRINCE PRIORITY FLOW DIVIDER W/RELIEF

http://www.surpluscenter.com/_MoreSpecs/i9-4158-xx.pdf