Kioti DK40 HST, slow moving

/ Kioti DK40 HST, slow moving #21  
A common cause of 'power loss' hasn't been proposed (yet), not that it's the fix here. 'Feedback' adjustment on the 3PH. If it's just a bit off, hydraulics can deadhead and sap power. BTDT Hydro pump will usually 'max' at less than full throttle/rpm and and FEL may work normally while o'all power is noticeably impaired. (Hydro running at relief pressure the whole time..)

Want to evaluate such symptoms with the 3PH at various heights (vs fully 'up'), a quick way to rule out this possibility. Pressure testing here or there may point to a sticking valve somewhere in the loop that also causes hydro pump to deadhead. (interested to hear what the dealer finds.)

/ Kioti DK40 HST, slow moving #22  
Has anyone ever found the answer to jake552 question of why his dk 40 was slow.I have one with the exact problem with only
80 hrs.My dealer isn't sure what the problem is if any.It seems high range is okay but mid and low are weak taking off,and low wouldn't pull my truck up a hill.Any comments would be appreciated.

/ Kioti DK40 HST, slow moving #23  
I hate threads that turn into a dead end!!!! Welcome Lieber have you checked your linkage? Did you do the 50hour trans fluid change? What color was it?

/ Kioti DK40 HST, slow moving #24  
No i didnt change the fluid but i changed both hydraulic filters,fluid was so clear you couldnt hardly see it........maybe thats it,no fluid,only kidding its full.Jake wrote me back said his pedals were out of adjustment,werent going down far enough,my problem is different.Mine takes off like a clutch slips when you let out the pedal,also it coasts to a stop doesnt stop like it did 30 hours back.High range seems okay but low and med are slow and weak.I couldnt pull atruck up a hill in 4 wheel low,eng just went from 2800 to a stall.The dealer picked it up today,but has no idea what to do about it.when I find out ill let you know.

/ Kioti DK40 HST, slow moving #25  
Did this problem occur before or after you changed the filters?

/ Kioti DK40 HST, slow moving #26  
Did this problem occur before or after you changed the filters?

Problem started before filter changes.Hydrostats are new to me but it seems this tractor needs some more pressure.My dk 35 was a maual shift and it would of pulled my truck up this hill in 2 nd gear low.This tractor is more of a beast I would think on the gravel it should just spin the tires in low range instead of coming to a stall😩.The dk 35 would. Lieb

/ Kioti DK40 HST, slow moving #27  
Problem started before filter changes.Hydrostats are new to me but it seems this tractor needs some more pressure.My dk 35 was a maual shift and it would of pulled my truck up this hill in 2 nd gear low.This tractor is more of a beast I would think on the gravel it should just spin the tires in low range instead of coming to a stall��.The dk 35 would. Lieb

My DK35se HST will spin the loaded tires with 800 lbs on the 3pt in all cases. Yours should too. Sometimes they won't spin in MED. range, it depends on the surface. They never spin in HI.

/ Kioti DK40 HST, slow moving #28  
Thanks for telling me that,I assumed that and told the dealer that. Lieber

/ Kioti DK40 HST, slow moving #30  
A common cause of 'power loss' hasn't been proposed (yet), not that it's the fix here. 'Feedback' adjustment on the 3PH. If it's just a bit off, hydraulics can deadhead and sap power. BTDT Hydro pump will usually 'max' at less than full throttle/rpm and and FEL may work normally while o'all power is noticeably impaired. (Hydro running at relief pressure the whole time..)

Want to evaluate such symptoms with the 3PH at various heights (vs fully 'up'), a quick way to rule out this possibility. Pressure testing here or there may point to a sticking valve somewhere in the loop that also causes hydro pump to deadhead. (interested to hear what the dealer finds.)

Excellent suggestion. I had a similar experience with my 3 point auger. For some reason it won't go all the way up so if you try to go to higher it will just sit there trying to go up but won't while the pump struggles. You have to drop the 3 point level down to a level it can achieve for the machine to work correctly. This could cause the transmission to lack power.