Log splitter log lift ? Simplest valve ?

/ Log splitter log lift ? Simplest valve ? #1  

CalG

Tractor
Hurlimann 435, Fordson E27n, Bolens HT-23, Kubota B7200
I've got a Timber Wolf P1 log splitter and am considering fabrication of a log lift to ease the burden of handling large rounds. (I have been using tongs on the loader, but a lift seems so much better)

The present set up is the typical "log splitter valve" with detent.

What would be the the simplest, cleanest, cheapest ;-) valve to add to supply the aux circuit needed for a lift cylinder?

A quick consideration suggest a single spool valve with power beyond.

Suggestions?

TIA

Cal

/ Log splitter log lift ? Simplest valve ?
Last edited:
   / Log splitter log lift ? Simplest valve ? #4  
I know this isn't the right way to do it, but I just hooked the 2 log splitter valves together. On the log splitter I never had to use both valves at the same time and the back pressure is at the min. It has been that way for right at 35 years.

I know this isn't the right way to do it, but I just hooked the 2 log splitter valves together. On the log splitter I never had to use both valves at the same time and the back pressure is at the min. It has been that way for right at 35 years.

Help me out here..

One pressure supply line, tee'd to two common splitter valves ? (open center with detent)

Then, the two return lines are joined to return to tank?

Sounds simple...if that's the way it works...

/ Log splitter log lift ? Simplest valve ? #6  
No you can't tee the pressure line. Mine is the pressure goes into the in port on the splitter valve and the out port goes to the in port of the lift valve and then the out port goes to tank. I do have a larger tank hose then the 3/4" out port on the valve. I took it up to 1" or 1 1/4" can't remember for sure.

/ Log splitter log lift ? Simplest valve ? #7  
Help me out here..

One pressure supply line, tee'd to two common splitter valves ? (open center with detent)

Then, the two return lines are joined to return to tank?

Sounds simple...if that's the way it works...

You need either an equal divider valve or a selector valve .

3/8" NPT 20 GPM PRINCE SELECTOR VALVE

You need either an equal divider valve or a selector valve .

3/8" NPT 20 GPM PRINCE SELECTOR VALVE

JJ

I just happen to have one of those very selector valves "in stock" . Bought it over 15 years ago for a project that never moved forward. A useful solution!

"Tanks"

I may find operating double controls time consuming?....hmmmm.... first the selector, then the dcv, then the selector back to the splitter ram again... (lather rinse, repeat....)

No you can't tee the pressure line. Mine is the pressure goes into the in port on the splitter valve and the out port goes to the in port of the lift valve and then the out port goes to tank. I do have a larger tank hose then the 3/4" out port on the valve. I took it up to 1" or 1 1/4" can't remember for sure.

Thanks for the clarification! Seems workable.

/ Log splitter log lift ? Simplest valve ? #10  
If you use 2 valves in series, I would feed the log lift first then the splitting valve.