Hydraulic Question

/ Hydraulic Question #1  

amaxwell

Gold Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet-Yanmar ex450 -Ford 1300-Mahindra 2415
I have a sickle mower with 1 hydraulic line to lift the blade. Can I unplug one of the loader lines and use that plug for the mower lift? My tractor has no rear remotes.

/ Hydraulic Question #2  
Single acting cyl. on lift, you need single acting valve.

/ Hydraulic Question #3  
Just unplug the bucket hoses and use the work ports to control the SA cyl.

You can use one bucket hose and plug the other work port.

You can use one hose and run the other work port hose to tank.

/ Hydraulic Question
Just unplug the bucket hoses and use the work ports to control the SA cyl.

You can use one bucket hose and plug the other work port.

You can use one hose and run the other work port hose to tank.

JJ thanks for the reply, but I am still unsure of exactly how to use the two ports of the curl function to operate the mowers one hose. If I plug the mower hose into one of the curl ports, will it work or do I have to have something in the other port for a return of the fluid? I don't know of a way to run the other work port back to the tractors system. The mower only has one hose. How does the fluid from the mower cylinder return back to the tractor ? I know nothing about hydraulics as you can tell by my questions.

/ Hydraulic Question #5  
If only using the curl circuit for the sickle bar mower, and no bucket operation, you would use one hose in one of the curl work ports. Run the other work port hose to the return port for the time you are using the sickle bar mower.

If you will be using the bucket with the loader, then you will need a diverter valve that will shift the fluid to the sickle bar mower using a switch on the handle. Even using the diverter valve, you will still use one of the work ports for the sickle bar mower, and run the other work port hose to the return line.

A diverter will run about $95 to $200

/ Hydraulic Question #6  
You ask how fluid would exit that SA cyl.

Here is how. When you extend the cyl, fluid flows out one of the work ports, and the cyl extends.

The other work port is either plugged or the work port hose is routed to a return hose.

Using the retract mode on the lever, the same fluid and the same port are used to let the fluid out of the cyl and it flows to the tank.

/ Hydraulic Question #7  
The Hurliman provides a change over device to convert one of the remotes to single acting. Perhaps one of your tractors does also.

The Fordson on the other hand ONLY provides for single acting accessories, and the rear lift needs to be chained down if you don't want that bit flapping around while you wait for the AUX cylinder to fill ;-)