When in gear, Tractor will not move

/ When in gear, Tractor will not move #1  

rhand48

Tractor
John Deere 5310 (2001 ?)
I replaced a hydraulic line to the bucket of my John Deere Tractor, because it was leaking. When I installed the new one, I started the Tractor, raised the bucket up and down, no problem. But when I placed the trans in gear, it will not move.... ??? Did I miss something?
:confused:

/ When in gear, Tractor will not move #2  
What model JD?

/ When in gear, Tractor will not move #3  
Is the engine started and running when you put it in gear. :) Honestly it sounds like it's something simple like that. Did you leave the park brake on etc? I'll give you an example. I recently threw my jacket behind the seat of my JD 4410 compact utility, got on and started it but it wouldn't move at all (ehydro model). The tractor had just been running so I knew it had to be something simple. The simple act of throwing the jacket behind the seat disconnected the plug for the tractor seat safety switch enough so that there was no connection. In less than a minute I was going again. Tell us the model and year of tractor. It's pretty hard to tell you anything if we don't know what you are talking about

/ When in gear, Tractor will not move
It's a 5310. Not sure of the year. It has to be late 90s or early 00s

I have to add Hydraulic fluid. I read that low fluid will affect the transmission. I will also check safety switches. Thanks for the pointers.

Fluid level is full. No obstruction of seat safety switch.. Yesterday, the tractor was running fine. I took the leaking hydraulic hose off and took it to have another made. This morning, I put the new hose on and tried to start the tractor. It started, I put it in gear and..... Nothing. All gears, nothing. PTO runs. Bucket raises and lowers - is functioning fine. What could it be?

Just to be clear, the hydraulic line that I replaced was located down and to the right of the hydraulic filler tube. As your looking at the PTO it would be among a couple others up to the right.

/ When in gear, Tractor will not move #8  
Does this trator have a shuttle shift or is it all gears? Does it lake any unusual noises when you push the clutch in? Are there some electrical wires in the area of the hose you replaced? Could you have bumped something in the area of the replaced hydraulic hose?

No, No shuttle shift. gears. no noises, no wires

/ When in gear, Tractor will not move #10  
could be stuck in between high and low range or in neutral??? c falcon