NH suction tube removal

/ NH suction tube removal #1  

Kosmo

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford/NH 1715
Hi all. I'm splitting my NH 1715 to replace the clutch. Manual says to remove suction tube from tractor. I looked at the parts diagram and it shows the tube mounted in the filter housing with an o-ring. I just want to make sure I don't screw anything up. I've disconnected the pump end and now have a little play in the tube at the filter housing end. Are these tubes just held in place with the pressure of the o-ring in the filter housing and that's enough to seal against a hydraulic leak? Can I just wiggle this tube out of the housing? I tried this question on the NH site and didn't get an answer. Some suggested just leaving tube connected on the filter side during the split but I'd like to get the tube out of the way. Thanks for your expertise.

/ NH suction tube removal #2  
If it's the suction tube that you are wiggling then yes it's just held in by the friction of the o-ring. Sometimes they take a hefty pull to get out as the o-ring seems to take a set and mould itself to the metal. You might need a pry bar. Make sure you use a new o-ring when you reassemble.

/ NH suction tube removal
Thanks pms!