Hydraulic noise

/ Hydraulic noise #1  

manwithplan46151

Tractor
1979 550c
My 400 John Deere mower has a loud whining in the hydraulics A metal line going to the back of the mower, I think it is going to the 3 point hitch area, has a vibration that you can feel very good when it makes the noise. I can move the blade up and down lever and it will stop. But it starts right back. is full of fluid. Anyone had this trouble? I also have this mower and another just like it that doesnt run but I have all the parts to make it run. Motor is apart on mower #2. Would sell them if anyone near Kentucky is interested. Like to know what the whining noise is. The mower mows excelent. Just noisy when it does what I described above.

/ Hydraulic noise #2  
I had a similar problem on my log splitter. I removed the metal line and replaced it with a slightly larger ID rubber line and it solved the problem. I dont know if that's possible for you, ut it worked for me.

Good luck.

/ Hydraulic noise #4  
It might be turbulent flow due to small a diameter tube as pilgrim found out. Increasing the diameter of the tube allowed the fluid to flow with less restrictions and flow went from turbulent (bubbles) to laminar (no bubbles).

Mark

/ Hydraulic noise #5  
Since it never did this before maybe a restriction in old filter?