Mobilfluid 424 cross reference question

/ Mobilfluid 424 cross reference question #1  

MinnesotaEric

Tractor
Kioti NX6010
My NX6010 among some other brands, takes Mobilfluid 424 which is Exxon Hydraulic 560, Shell's DONAX-TD, BP's Tractran UTH, and ChevronTexico's TEXTRAN TDH. I tripped over an SEA rating of Mobilfluid 424 saying that it is 30W.

I'm wondering what the equivalent to these name-brand hydraulic oils is on the really inexpensive side is, specifically like Fleet-Farm's "Farm-Rated" brand of universal trans-hydro fluid?

Also, can I simply dump in Rotella 10w30 motor oil instead, that too would be less money?

What is everybody's experience?

Should I fork out $750 and get a barrel of MobilFuid 424 and shepherd it around the garage because I don't have local source for name-brand hydro oil, or should I look to the less expensive options at my local Fleet stores?

0000000090594.jpg

Mystery oil.​

/ Mobilfluid 424 cross reference question #2  
Well what ever you decide to do ( I used the Mobilfluid 424), DO not use motor oil. Tractor fluid is rated to be used with wet brakes, and you have wet brakes. I also believe it has anti foaming additives and other good things designed for tractor use.

/ Mobilfluid 424 cross reference question
Well what ever you decide to do ( I used the Mobilfluid 424), DO not use motor oil. Tractor fluid is rated to be used with wet brakes, and you have wet brakes. I also believe it has anti foaming additives and other good things designed for tractor use.

Oh how the mystery oil calls to me…. :tractor:

Have you found a least expensive source for 424?

/ Mobilfluid 424 cross reference question #4  
Oh how the mystery oil calls to me…. :tractor:

Have you found a least expensive source for 424?

It is not very cheap, I think I paid $219 for 15 gallons.. But that is from memory

It is not very cheap, I think I paid $219 for 15 gallons.. But that is from memory

My Hydro filter costs $130ish too.

/ Mobilfluid 424 cross reference question #6  
I was reading another thread on here talking about the "picky" Kubota UTD oil spec. I also went to the Mobil site and looked up their 424 and saw that it too met the UTD Kubota spec.

I then went to the Tractor Supply site and looked up the Traveller PREMIUM trans/hyd fluid and it's applicability rating. Both Kubota UTD and J20C were on there. That's good enough for me. However the base stocks were said to be in the 15-20 viscosity weight region. Personally, I think straight 30 is a bit much for getting things going on cold days.

So, when I need fluid I go to TSC and get it or to my local auto parts store which carries a regional brand and the JD J20C is what I look for use in my Branson which requires the premium multifunction oil like most currently mfg'd tractors require. In my 1960's vintage Fords I just use regular Ford 134 rated hyd fluid since I have no wet brakes, tight tolerances, hydrostatics and all that new fancy stuff.

HTH,
Mark

Wound up ordering from the theoilhub.com. With a .mil discount and free shipping it was less than $75.00 a pail.

Silly expensive.

/ Mobilfluid 424 cross reference question #8  
Wound up ordering from the theoilhub.com. With a .mil discount and free shipping it was less than $75.00 a pail.

Silly expensive.

That really is a pretty good price for it. All of the premium fluids are rather pricey.. You should go to your Kubota dealer and ask for 5 gallons of SUDT2!

/ Mobilfluid 424 cross reference question #9  
Kioti has it's own label hydro fluid now too. I bought 2, 5 gallon pails and it was around $17/gallon IIRC. About twice what TSC sells their UTF for.
Personally, I wouldn't opt for the cheapest thing when it comes to critical fluids for an expensive new tractor, especially if HST. YMMV.