Massey Ferguson 165 Spool valve replaced

/ Massey Ferguson 165 Spool valve replaced #1  

JNation

Tractor
Massey 165
I had a crack in the 3 spool valve on my Massey and looked up the part number to replace it. The new valve came and everything looked the same. The problem that I have encountered however, is that the control on the right side of the seat will not lower the 3pt hitch. It will raise, but to lower, I now have to use the control handle on the valve.

Does anyone know of a problem like this? Did I get the wrong part perhaps, or is there an adjustment to the valve that I need to make?

Thanks for any information that gets me pointed in the right direction.

/ Massey Ferguson 165 Spool valve replaced #2  
I had a crack in the 3 spool valve on my Massey and looked up the part number to replace it. The new valve came and everything looked the same. The problem that I have encountered however, is that the control on the right side of the seat will not lower the 3pt hitch. It will raise, but to lower, I now have to use the control handle on the valve.

Does anyone know of a problem like this? Did I get the wrong part perhaps, or is there an adjustment to the valve that I need to make?

Thanks for any information that gets me pointed in the right direction.

I am assuming you purchased a genuine Massey three spool valve. The left hand lever controls the three point and the center and the right control remotes or possibly a loader, you have not mentioned this.

To operate the three point with the position or draft lever on the right hand side of the seat, the left hand lever needs to be pulled and held toward the seat. Both the position lever and draft lever are to be in the transport position to raise the three point. This is how mine operates.

There are screws on the front of the valve just below the spools with standard screwdriver slots in them. These are either screwed out gently against a stop to run single acting cylinders, or screwed gently in for double acting cylinders. I believe the three point will operate in either position as long as you keep the left hand lever pulled toward the seat and operate the three point with the position or draft lever. If you have the left hand lever pulled toward the seat and move the position lever to the constant pumping, the left hand lever should kick out to the center position automaticly.

Rereading your post, my guess is that the switch valve is screwed in, but as long as you keep the left hand lever pulled, you still should be able to lower the three point with the controls on the right hand side of the seat.

If this doesn't solve your issue, How did you operate the three point with the old valve??