Dump trailer hydraulics

/ Dump trailer hydraulics #1  

1gr8bldr

Silver Member
Tractor
Fordson Super Dexta and S250Turbo Bobcat
I had asked on this forum before, my dump trailer does not want to raise fully. It gets really slow towards the top. It has no way to tell about the fluid level. I have disconnected the line and added fluid. It could not have enough, have to much... or need rebuilding, I don't know. Last time I asked, responses were for pics. Here is a pic;

Attachments

• 20140728_193914.jpg
    20140728_193914.jpg
    496.3 KB · Views: 285
   / Dump trailer hydraulics
Another view;

Attachments

• 20140728_193843.jpg
    20140728_193843.jpg
    954.7 KB · Views: 192
   / Dump trailer hydraulics #4  
Assuming that's the factory pump your fluid reserve tank is probably low. There should be a fill port on the tank.
There is a possibility the tank may be too small if you have ever replaced the cylinder with a larger diameter cylinder with a long stroke.
When I converted my manual hyd. tilt trailer to a power tilt I bought a hyd. power unit similar to yours and replaced the round tank with a larger square tank.

Assuming that's the factory pump your fluid reserve tank is probably low. There should be a fill port on the tank.
There is a possibility the tank may be too small if you have ever replaced the cylinder with a larger diameter cylinder with a long stroke.
When I converted my manual hyd. tilt trailer to a power tilt I bought a hyd. power unit similar to yours and replaced the round tank with a larger square tank.
The guy I bought it from said that occasionally he added to it. But he said it only took a thimbal full. It was leaking at the time. I fixed the leak but have no way of knowing how much to add. I would consider plumbing in a relief valve, overfilling and let it spray out... If that would work?

Does anybody know that pump ??? Hal_dex??????

It is a Haldex. Looking at other Haldex pics, it seems to be plumbed wrong. It looks like it has a hose connected where it should have a filler/ breather cap

/ Dump trailer hydraulics #8  
If the cyl's are all the way closed, I don't think you can over fill.

If the cyl's are all the way closed, I don't think you can over fill.
Are you saying to lower the bed and fill full. This would be hard to do because the bed covers the unit,,, but I could figure out a way

/ Dump trailer hydraulics #10  
I wouldn't lower the bed and fill all the way up, as you are using it, the Hyd. fluid gets warm and expands, which will result in the brown gold laying in the dirt. Bed down, 3/4 full should be plenty. If you need a little more, then try it, but you have to have some expansion room. If the last owner put the pump on, the reservoir may be undersized for the ram.