ID of pump and usage

/ ID of pump and usage #1  

RitchElbe

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 4100 / Jim Dandy
I nabb 20141007_115707.jpged the pictured pump at the local scrap yard for $10!
Free turning etc. I found the company web page but no real details, I gathered it produces a lot of PSI at low rpm.
Thus I am thinking a new pump for my log splitter build. Anyone know about this one ?20141007_115727.jpg20141007_115714.jpg

/ ID of pump and usage #2  
That is a Danfoss hyd motor.

/ ID of pump and usage
Yep got that from the ID plate...but still nothing on what it was mainly used for..other than my original statement

/ ID of pump and usage #4  
I've never heard of anyone using a hydraulic motor as a pump.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ ID of pump and usage
I've seen people use 2 matching motors to make a pto driven drive system for a auger bits mounted on the side of a bucket.

/ ID of pump and usage #7  
Well I'll be.... Lurn sumthin new all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ ID of pump and usage
Hmmm perhaps a pump connected to this and then to that trencher I been threatened to mount to the FEL hmmmmmmmmm

/ ID of pump and usage #9  
You really want a two stage pump. Fast movement to the wood then when the pressure required is too much for both stages, the low pressure stage drops out. This keeps the horsepower required low and shortens the cycle time.

/ ID of pump and usage
Back again. I came across two still in the box Webster Hydraulic Pumps ( model 043YC001702-LF )
I see the run a good penny. average around $249. I know a two stage pump is suggested for the log
splitter. Will this one do ok is my question.