John Deere 4600 Series ... front bucket barely lifts

/ John Deere 4600 Series ... front bucket barely lifts #1  

Heavyhorns

Tractor
John Deere 4600
My front end loader was having a hard time lifting or tilting but fluid shows to be full and i see no leaks. So I had local dealer troubleshoot and they said it was plugged filter and changed hydraulic oil and cleaned filter supposedly ... So once back at my barn used tractor for two days and it appeared to work ok and now is doing the same thing before... will not hardly go up and sounds as if hydraulics are squealing but bucket will not tilt properly either but goes down ok. Can anyone help or have experienced this problem and has an idea for repair? Thanks and GOD BLESS AMERICA!

/ John Deere 4600 Series ... front bucket barely lifts #2  
Remove the curl lines and place in a bucket and see if you have good flow.

Last edited:
   / John Deere 4600 Series ... front bucket barely lifts #3  
What does the oil look like? Perhaps its growing algae (yes it happens) and the filter is clogged again.

/ John Deere 4600 Series ... front bucket barely lifts #4  
Did you ask for a flow and pressure test?

You would think they would automatically do one.

Squealing sound could be a relief valve activating indicating a cyl at max or a blockage like in a QD.

Too little fluid would cause cavitation sounds like marbles in a can.

Last edited:
   / John Deere 4600 Series ... front bucket barely lifts #5  
Check suction line also.

/ John Deere 4600 Series ... front bucket barely lifts #6  
Did you try reconnecting the quick connects?

/ John Deere 4600 Series ... front bucket barely lifts
Thanks All I will try all and let you know what I find out .... Appreciate your time and responses

/ John Deere 4600 Series ... front bucket barely lifts #8  
Do a psi test and if its not ok, Then check your relief valve for being stuck halfway open due to dirt or just plain stuck. If its stuck a pin punch and some wd 40 should get it working