Hydraulic experts needed !!!

/ Hydraulic experts needed !!! #1  

Rocko180

I have a 'Woods 1006' loader that has a 'Husco' joystick type control valve. It's about 2 yrs old and has worked perfectly until now. You push stick to left to dump, right to curl bucket up. But not now, push to left curls bucket up and push to right and it also curls bucket up, what's up with that ?? Cannot dump bucket ! When you push to left, it pushes the spool down & push right and pulls spool up, everything seem to move properly & freely. I thought that the recent cold weather might have something to do with it so I fired up the torpedo heater to warm things up, but did not help. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Rock

/ Hydraulic experts needed !!! #2  
you might pull that spool from the body and see if it hasn't broken. Might only be moving half the spool, or could have a cracked body inside

/ Hydraulic experts needed !!! #3  
What happens if you move the valve to where more than one port is open? Try moving it slowly. Besure all couplers are connected properly.

/ Hydraulic experts needed !!!
I messed with this thing all afternoon. I did pull the spool & it looked like new not a mark on it and the valve body looked good also (as best I could tell). I even reversed the hoses on the curl circuit & then it would only dump in both directions. The boom circuit works fine.

There is a plug between the outlet ports that the book says is the 'load check'. I took it out and it looked ok also. What does a load check do exactly ?

thanks for the responses, I'll play with it again tommorow.

/ Hydraulic experts needed !!! #5  
My guess is that a cylinder packing has been damaged and is letting oil bypass inside one of the cylinders. I am saying this because it happened to me, I thought the loader was possessed, lift up it went down, let down it would go up a little then down ten times faster than normal. I replaced the spools with no improvement. Then finally sent cylinders away to get fixed. If you leave bucket up off the ground and shut off engine does it lower by itself?

/ Hydraulic experts needed !!! #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( You push stick to left to dump, right to curl bucket up. But not now, push to left curls bucket up and push to right and it also curls bucket up, what's up with that ?? )</font>

I am not of any help here but am adding a question. On my joystick you pull to the left and the bucket curls up. Push to the right and bucket dumps. I thought this was generic with all joysticks? I thought that the general rule and for safety was pull and appliance should go up. Push and appliance should go down? Now I know this would not be right if a person had his joystick on the left hand side.

Just looking for some knowledge thats all.
Murph

/ Hydraulic experts needed !!!
You are right about joy stick direction. Left to curl, right to dump. I got messed up when trying to explain my problem.

This morning I connected the bucket hoses to the 'lift' side of the valve and the bucket worked ok. Has to be a problem with the valve. Bad o-ring or something. Going to pull spool out and take a closer look inside valve again.

thanks

/ Hydraulic experts needed !!! #8  
<font color="red">This morning I connected the bucket hoses to the 'lift' side of the valve and the bucket worked ok. </font>

So you hooked up hoses to one side of the cylinder without hooking up the other?

One way to check for sure if cylinder or valve(unless both cylinders are bad), is just hook one cylinder up to the valve.
See if it works then.

/ Hydraulic experts needed !!! #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( You are right about joy stick direction. Left to curl, right to dump. I got messed up when trying to explain my problem. )</font>

Back many years ago I hooked up an anhydrous side dressing tank and tool bar and put the hoses on back wards. Then another guy got on the tractor and headed down a side street in the town I grew up around. As the guy was driving he pulled back on the hydraulic to make sure the tool bar was staying up preventing it dropping if any leakage. He put the tool bar right down in the street and all the way through the black top with the kniives. My dad had to pay the city to repair the street and I got my A$$ chewed for days. "YOU NEVER HOOK HYDRAULICS UP THAT WAY, JUST REMEMBER, PULL TO RAISE PUSH TO LOWER" It was one of them chewing you hated to get because it was in front of all the people you work with and plus it was my dad. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

But I learned I guess.

murph

/ Hydraulic experts needed !!! #10  
Well fertilized street tho.... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I had a combine where the header went up when I pulled up, went up more when I pushed down. Until it was at the top. Reminds me of this situation.

The popit valve (steel pin & spring, plastic blob that sealed on a shoulder, aka relief valve) had cracked loose from the steel pin and 'fee-floated' in the circut. But when you pulled it out it happened to stay in the right place & looked fine. I even had the dealer mechanic scratching his head for a few minutes until we saw the moving plastic piece.

I can't relate that directly to your joystick/ valves, but look closely & don't assume what looks good is so.

--->Paul