Regeneration Valve

/ Regeneration Valve #1  

Tractor Seabee

Elite Member
Port Orchard WA Kitsap Peninsula, West of Seattle
Tractor
Kubota BX25
I have a Prince MB series 8 GPM valve on my Log Splitter. I have that one as in that GPM range it is the only one SC has with PB capability. I am confused by the jargon around Regen valves. I see some on the net that just go in the output line of the MB. If I did such what would be the effect on performance? My cylinder is a 4 x 24 and cycle time is slow, power is way more than what I need for most logs except knotty (burn them whole). Any ideas on the proper brand/model for this application?

Ron

/ Regeneration Valve #2  
Take a look at this fast extend log splitter valve by Prince. LSR-3060

It will take about 4 GPM and make it into 25 GPM for fast extend.

Model LS3060 Rapid Extend Log Splitter.

If your tractor puts out 8 GPM, then run the tractor at half speed to produce 4 GPM.

/ Regeneration Valve
Thanks JJ but I looked at that already. It does not provide Power Beyond capability. Pressure is not my problem, its the cycle time with that big cylinder and only 7 GPM output. I even oversized the hoses to reduce the friction factor.

Ron

/ Regeneration Valve #5  
I am pretty sure your BX does not have 7gpm to work with, the posted specs online show "total flow" as 6.3gpm, but I think some of that is directed to the steering through a priority valve and unavailable in the PB lines.

Edit: Post #7 in this thread states that 1.8gpm goes to the steering, so you only have about 4gpm left over for your splitter.

Unfortunately combining the numbers is a marketing tactic...

Last edited:
   / Regeneration Valve
How about this one .

It is an auto valve with PB.

1 SPOOL PRINCE AUTO CYCLE LOG SPLITTER VALVE W/PB

JJ,

If my operation was for production rather than personal I would go that way. I would never try to do high production work with a BX anyway; so I would have a lot more GPM to start with. From discussions posted here on TBN and discussions with the SC Tech guys seems the sage advice is to select a Max GPM valve rating close to your available GPM at the P port. They say too large a port can cause erratic action. From advertisements I thought the Regen add on unit may be my answer. I am not hearing any positive feed back on that idea so guess it is not of any value to pursue. Thanks anyway guys.

Ron