Help with Intermittent lift problem

/ Help with Intermittent lift problem #1  

workinprogress

Bronze Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet 1512
I have a small garden tractor (cub cadet 782d) which has a two spool monoblock hydraulic valve. The hydraulic fluid comes from the hydrostatic transmission.

The problem - Recently during plowing it seems that the hydraulic cylinder will not lift the plow quickly. In most cases it slowly lifts it but in a few, nothing happens. If I don't try to lift for a minute or so things seem to fix themselves. The plow drops at the normal rate when the lever is pushed down. The other spool valve is connected to a mower deck lift (which currently has no attachment connected - just cylinder and small connecting arm). The mower deck cylinder is also slow in one direction just like the plow lift. Even though it is lifting nothing. The slow occurs on both spools when I lift the levers up on the tractor.

When the plow won't lift. If I hold spool 1 lever up (plow cylinder) and then push down on spool 2 (deck lift) the plow will lift at a normal speed.

I have been using this setup for years now and the lift problem occurred once or twice last year.

Any Ideas?

Thanks