Kubota FEL control won't uncurl

/ Kubota FEL control won't uncurl #1  

severtki

Tractor
Kubota B3300
I've got a Kubota B3300su and the FEL control will operate everything except the uncurl motion. When I move the joystick and look at the movement in the valve control, I can see the spool valve pull out for the curl operation, but it doesn't seem to want to move in for the uncurl operation -- as though it's physically blocked from moving in. When I move the joystick out there is no audible indication that the hydraulics are trying to uncurl the bucket, so I'm guessing either the valve is physically blocked from being actuated, or there's something in the spool valve that is physically binding.

I've checked and reseated the QD lines to try to eliminate the obvious. Anything else I should check, or does it sound like I'm on the right track in suspecting the spool valve?

Thanks!

/ Kubota FEL control won't uncurl #2  
Is the valve lever or cable operated?

Open the cans on the bottom of the valve and see if everything looks correct.

You may have some debris blocking the spool in mode.

/ Kubota FEL control won't uncurl
It must be a valve lever. I'm guessing the "cans" are here (picture below), just below the middle of the picture, and once removed, I'll be able to see inside the end of the valve to clear any blockage?

If so, do I need to know anything before unscrewing them or do anything after replacing them (will fluid gush out, will I have to bleed the system somehow?)

Thanks!
IMG_1042sm.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1042.jpg
    IMG_1042.jpg
    598.7 KB · Views: 132
   / Kubota FEL control won't uncurl #4  
There are little balls and springs in the cans. Be careful.

/ Kubota FEL control won't uncurl
Haven't yet opened the cans, but I spoke to the dealer, who suspects the "poppet got shoved into the valve" and that I probably caused it if I used quick flicks when dumping snow. Says there's no way to service or rebuild the valve, just needs to be replaced ($700-800 plus labor). Yikes.

This sound about right, or other, cheaper possibilities I should check first?

Thanks in advance!
Kirk

It must be a valve lever. I'm guessing the "cans" are here (picture below), just below the middle of the picture, and once removed, I'll be able to see inside the end of the valve to clear any blockage?

If so, do I need to know anything before unscrewing them or do anything after replacing them (will fluid gush out, will I have to bleed the system somehow?)

Thanks!