New Holland TC45DA transmission problem

/ New Holland TC45DA transmission problem #1  

VOL54

Tractor
New Holland TC45DA, John Deere 345
I purchased this tractor used in Fall '14. Used it for mowing and gardening until winter without issues. Recently when the snow and ice hit, I took it out of 2-3 months of non-use to clear my driveway and had to drive it for about two hours before being able to shift from high to low range and from 2wd to 4wd with more difficulty than last fall. Hydraulic fluid level is full. Any ideas? Thanks.

/ New Holland TC45DA transmission problem #2  
I have a similar tractor but a 2003 model. When I first got it (not new) I shifted it from 2 to 4 wd forcefully and broke some gear that cost a lot to fix and bent the lever mechanism. As a result I am more aware of synchronizing the shifting. WHENEVER I go from 2 to 4 wd or back I lift the front end up off the ground with my loader (I lay the loader down flat against the ground and then uncurl the bucket to lift the tractor). This has made this transition smooth and without problems. When I go from low to hi and backwards I check to see if it feels like it is dropping in or not. If it doesn't feel smooth I tap my pedal forwards then backwards just a little and this always resolves the problem. I realize mine is a different era than yours but it is worth a try.

/ New Holland TC45DA transmission problem #3  
I have a Case DX45 which is essentially the same tractor as the TC45DA. Never force the levers. Like Professor Marvel, when shifting from high to low range, I tap the F/R peddles until the lever moves freely. Going in and out of 4 wheel drive I move the tractor back and forth while slowly moving the steering wheel until the lever moves freely. Also make sure the pivot points on the levers are lubed.