JD 7405 steering cylinder rebuild

/ JD 7405 steering cylinder rebuild #1  

tegasch

Tractor
john deere 7405
Can someone tell me how to get the steering cylinder apart on a JD 7405. I bought the rebuild kit, removed cylinder from the tractor but can't figure out how the shaft come out of cylinder. JD Web site shows a ring on end of shaft. Any help would be greatly appreciated. .

/ JD 7405 steering cylinder rebuild #2  
2WD or MFWD? If 2WD one needs to remove snap ring by going through orifice in barrel that hose attaches to.

/ JD 7405 steering cylinder rebuild
2WD or MFWD? If 2WD one needs to remove snap ring by going through orifice in barrel that hose attaches to.

Tractor is a 2wd. Thanks I will try in the morning when I get home.

Tractor is a 2wd. Thanks I will try in the morning when I get home.

Worked great. Replaced seals in both cylinders. Thanks for the help, couldn't gave done it with out the advice. .thanks again. .

N ow I have one other problem. When I put the tractor in park on a incline park doesn't hold. Sounds like it is not locking in ( gears grinding). I replaced the spring on a rod that was broke on the right side of the transmission. The cable from the shifter connects to the rod. How do I adjust the park to keep the tractor from rolling backwards.

/ JD 7405 steering cylinder rebuild #5  
Does your tractor have a Power Quad trans? If so look at parts photo. I'm not familiar with Power Quad trans as I left JD dealership before the PQ was introduced.

Attachments

• LX031438_______UN15MAY02.gif
    LX031438_______UN15MAY02.gif
    30.2 KB · Views: 509
Sorry it took so long, been out of town. The drawing is what I have. The spring (no. 20) is the spring that was broke and I replaced.but does the same thing.