JD 770 new valves

/ JD 770 new valves #1  

ddbackhoe

Veteran Member
Tractor
DK5310SE HSTC
Once upon a time, there was some discussion here about adding hydraulic capability on the 770/790's and I can't find what I'm looking for. How do I add more valves to this tractor? Is there a PB plug/sleeve that can be added to the existing loader valve? Anyone have pictures, directions, part numbers ? Once I know the where, I can fab up the rest.

Thanks

/ JD 770 new valves #2  
Does your loader valve have a PB port?

/ JD 770 new valves
Does your loader valve have a PB port?

Wish I knew for sure. If I don't have an answer before the weekend, I'll tear it down and figure it out.

/ JD 770 new valves #4  
Don't have to tear anything down, look and see if there are 7 hoses connected to the FEL valve or a PB port.

/ JD 770 new valves #5  
I added the JD Power Beyond kit when I got my backhoe. Assuming you have the JD loader valve, the install is clean and simple. Check your dealer, they can help find what you need.

/ JD 770 new valves
I added the JD Power Beyond kit when I got my backhoe. Assuming you have the JD loader valve, the install is clean and simple. Check your dealer, they can help find what you need.

According to the parts diagrams, these tractors came with two different loader valves. A power beyond kit ($300ish) would be an expensive way (for me) to add one rear outlet. To buy the kit just to pick apart the minor pieces I may need is very wasteful of my dollars. My local dealer does industrial equipment and doesn't have any knowledge of "little stuff". The other local dealer is peddling more lawn and garden and the parts guy there is less than friendly.

/ JD 770 new valves
I haven't abandoned this yet, just got sidetracked. So, the pump feeds the rockshaft case that feeds the Danfoss loader valve. The PB is then tied back to the rockshaft case. Red is from the pump and blue is from the loader PB. I'm thinking I can pull the plug (arrow) and replace with a banjo.

Second drawing is loader valve, same color code

Attachments

• rockshaft.jpg
    rockshaft.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 161
  • side view.jpg
    side view.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 128
   / JD 770 new valves
I haven't abandoned this yet, just got sidetracked. So, the pump feeds the rockshaft case that feeds the Danfoss loader valve. The PB is then tied back to the rockshaft case. Red is from the pump and blue is from the loader PB. I'm thinking I can pull the plug (arrow) and replace with a banjo.

Second drawing is loader valve, same color code

To finish this up, the Danfoss loader valve is supply side, the rockshaft case is the return. I removed the line between these two (second drawing above, blue) to plumb in a 3 spool valve from a JD 400 garden tractor. It tucked in nicely on the left side of the seat. Now have hydraulic toplink, sidelink (no cylinder yet) and front remote. Need to fab up some better handles, but for ~$300.00 we're up and running. I also built a SS quick attach to swap from bucket to grapple.

Attachments

• grapple closed.jpg
    grapple closed.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 133
  • grapple open.jpg
    grapple open.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 111
  • top link.jpg
    top link.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 78