Rear Hydraulics on a 2816 Mahindra

/ Rear Hydraulics on a 2816 Mahindra #1  

RandyHut

Tractor
Mahindra 2816
Newbie forsure. I picked up a 2011 Mahrindra 2816 and it doesn't have rear hydraulics. I want to run them myself and have a couple of questions. The backhoe is a 3pt mount, has it's own levers (valves) for the operation of the arn and bucket, and has two line for hydraulics, one looks like an in and one an out. My tractor has a FEL

IF i understand correctly and wanted to add a valve on my tractor for another cyclinder i would disconnect the PB line at the pump and run it to the input side of the new valve and the output side would return to the PB port on the block. Is that correct?

Am i thinking correctly?

Thanks
Randy

/ Rear Hydraulics on a 2816 Mahindra #2  
You should use the PB from the FEL valve for your remote valve.

You might also connect to a hyd block if your tractor has one

/ Rear Hydraulics on a 2816 Mahindra #3  
What is PB?

/ Rear Hydraulics on a 2816 Mahindra #4  
PB. It is the abbreviation for Power Beyond.

It is typically used in open center hyd systems.

It is the hyd flow that is allowed to pass on to downstream valves, and uses an adapter in a PB port for it to work.

You might also see it as PBY, BYD or carry over.

PB starts at the first valve that has a PB port.

/ Rear Hydraulics on a 2816 Mahindra #5  
Thanks. All of this is so new, just trying to figure it out.

Let me know if I am on track here. I currently have a backhoe attached with quick connects for the hydraulic lines in the same area. In theory I could remove that backhoe, install a PTO 3 point snow blower and use the hydraulic lines there to control the chute and deflector. I think I would have to buy a valve from Surplus Center to control those functions.

/ Rear Hydraulics on a 2816 Mahindra #6  
Yes, that is correct.

You could also get a three spool remote valve and have T-N-T plus one spool for whatever.

/ Rear Hydraulics on a 2816 Mahindra
My Mahindra 2816 Hyd Block
View attachment Mahindera 2816 Hyd Block.pdf

Could i remove the hose from the PB port, extend it to the Back (in port on Backhoe) then bring the Backhoe output back to the block to the PB port?

/ Rear Hydraulics on a 2816 Mahindra #8  
No, but install some QD's and always have the line connected.

If your BH only has two hoses, the return should go to tank.

If BH has three hoses, then the PB will go back to the hyd blk and tank line to tank.

Last edited:
   / Rear Hydraulics on a 2816 Mahindra
J_J
Thanks for your help! i want to make sure i get this right the first time. The BH (backhoe) is a friends and he has offered to let me use it some this summer. It only has two lines. Do i use the PB line by removing it from the block and plugging the hole in the block or by TEEing into the line at the block? If i understand you correctly the output line from the BH would come back and TEE into the return line.

Randy

/ Rear Hydraulics on a 2816 Mahindra #10  
With the BH installed, you don't need the 3pt.The line going too the 3pt will now become the input line for the BH. Since the BH return port is not designed for high pressure, you want to run the BH return to a return line or directly to tank.

Next, you should install a short hose for the 3pt with a female QD on it.

Then install a male QD on the PB line.

So, when using the 3pt and no BH, you plug the two tractor QD together and that completes the hyd circuit for the 3pt..

When you want to use the BH, just unplug the QD's and plug in the BH QD to the PB QD..

Picture below is a Kubota hyd blk.

I am not sure what your blk looks like, but the principle is the same. The hyd blk is a routing device.

Attachments

• hydraulic connection plate.jpg
    hydraulic connection plate.jpg
    879 KB · Views: 973