which line is the power beyond?

/ which line is the power beyond? #1  

idahofarmboy

Tractor
JD 3032E
I have a john deere 3032e. I just bought a grapple, but now I need to install the 3rd function valve and I can't tell which line is the power beyond. I have the 305 loader. The control valve has 3 black lines and 4 silver lines. The silver lines all go to the hydraulics on the loader so I know it is one of the black lines. So one comes from the pump, one is the pressure relief, and the other is power beyond, can anyone tell me how to identify the right line on my tractor?

/ which line is the power beyond? #2  
It might be easy if you show a pic of the valve.

/ which line is the power beyond?
ForumRunner_20150329_103428.png

ForumRunner_20150329_103520.png

Hopefully these pictures work. Let me know if you can see them our not.

There are 7 total lines. One of the black lines, hard to see in picture, goes in the side of the valve. The other 6 go in the bottom of the valve which I tried to get pictures of. They are arranged in a hexagon shape, so from left to right, there is 1 black, then 2 silver, 2 silver, then another black line.

So is the PB the one that goes out the side? The one on the bottom near the black side line? or the bottom black line far from the the black side line?

Sorry the pictures are sideways. The throttle lever also blocks view of the black line going into the side of the valve.

/ which line is the power beyond? #6  
Why don't you pull that sleave down then take the pictures, and maybe use the flash so we can see in the dard spots.

/ which line is the power beyond? #7  
In the bottom picture, remove the line and the adapter and see if it looks like this.

Attachments

• PB sleeve.jpg
    PB sleeve.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 298
  • PB adapter.jpg
    PB adapter.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 975
   / which line is the power beyond? #8  
The four lines going out are your cylinders, one each extend and retract for your boom and curl = 4.

The 3 remaining will be your pressure, power beyond, and tank return (fluid dump - not pressurized).

The easiest way to figure out which is your tank return, is to find a line that has some other lines "Tee'd" into it where your lines come out of the rear axle. All of these are ganged together to share the same return into the case since they're not under pressure.

This will leave you with 2 unidentified lines, both of them are going to be pressurized. One will come out of the tractors hydraulic manifold and go straight to the valve, the other will go from the valve to your rear remotes SCV valve. The one going to the remotes is your Power Beyond, which means the other one is your high pressure line straight from the pump. JD plumbs the loader valve first in the series in every tractor schematic I've seen of theirs. You'll want to stick your other valve on the Power Beyond line anyways, so use that one. Make sure it's an open center valve, has a power beyond port (that's where you'll connect the power input line to your rear SCV valve), and then add another "T" to the return line to connect the tank return port off the new thumb valve - hook up your new remotes and you'll be good to go.

With my tractor there are no rear controls so all three lines connect on one side to the transmission and the other to the loader control. There are no Ts or other clues.
But I figured it out at the expense of a half gallon of fluid. I disconnected the line that goes to the side of the loader control valve and with the loader control in the neutral position there was no fluid leak, therefore it must be the return.
Next I reconnected the side valve and disconnected the black line on the right/outside. It sprayed fluid from the line, no fluid from the valve, so it must be from the pump.
Last I tried the one on the inside/left side on the bottom of the control valve and fluid sprayed from the valve, therefore, must be the power beyond.
I would have it all connected and running by now except WR Long sent the wrong kit. It quickly became obvious when the fittings had wrong threads, the hoses were the wrong length and the bracket did not fit. The kit I received its for a bobcat.
So now the waiting begins again :-( But at least now I know which line to use when the correct kit shows up.