help identifying valve

/ help identifying valve #1  

tawilson

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH2120 RTV500 Bobcat S250 Kubota U25s
A friend gave me this valve and I can't make out what the brand is. I am wondering if it could be used to control a top and tilt system on my NH 2120. It has a rear remote with a single spool valve which I think has power beyond. He also gave me a hydraulic cylinder which I'd like to use for a power angle setup on my york rake which the existing rear remotes. Is it doable? Thanks. If it is I will need a little guidance from the experts here. I have a Weatherhead machine so I can make hoses to mount the valve where ever is convenient.

Attachments

• valve 2.jpg
    valve 2.jpg
    327 KB · Views: 140
  • valve 1.jpg
    valve 1.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 171
   / help identifying valve #2  
I don't see a relief valve or PB.

It could be a closed center valve.

You can test the valve using air.

Inject air to the IN port.

If no air comes from any port, it is a CC valve.

If air flows from the OUT port, it is open center valve.

Last edited:
   / help identifying valve
Thanks J. J. Did the air test and it is a closed center. In retrospect I guess the C stamped on the back should have clued me.
Not a showstopper for me, after all the reading I've done here on top and tilt setups I think it's time.

/ help identifying valve #4  
The brand is Cessna.

/ help identifying valve
The brand is Cessna.

Thanks. I couln't make it out. No good for my intentions.
Has anyone ran a 3 spool valve off their rear remotes? I've been reading a lot of threads on adding them but haven't seen where anyone tried this. I know I would have to select between the 3ph and the rear remote to use it, but it doesn't seem to be a showstopper. I would have to disconnect it to use the backhoe. It would save cutting into the steel lines my tractor has for the hydraulics. I want to do this and am just in the r&d phase now. I don't think New Holland has this as an option for the 2120.

/ help identifying valve #6  
Open center hyd valves are in a series flow path.

You can run as any valves as you want, one valve feeding the next and so on.

The 3pt is usually the last valve in the flow path, except when you use a log splitter or a two hose BH.