John Deere 755 front loader hydraulics

/ John Deere 755 front loader hydraulics #1  

Peter755

Tractor
John Deere 755
Hi All,

I own a JD 755 with a JD Front loader (type 60, 70 or 70A - not exactly sure).

One of the bucket hydraulic cylinders were leaking profusely so I have bought two Nortrac hydraulic cylinders I want to put in instead - need a bit of mechanical adapting but fit nicely. The hydraulic inlets on the Nortrac cylinders are indicated as "Standard 3/8 inch NPT". The JD cylinder has smaller inlets though - I believe they are likely 1/4 inch, not sure though? Does anyone know if I can just use standard 1/4 inch to 3/8 inch conversion fittings? Are the JD hydraulic hose fittings special in any way?

Thank you very much
Peter

/ John Deere 755 front loader hydraulics #2  
Should be ok if the adapters are rated for the hyd. pressure. Hope the JD's are not metric.

/ John Deere 755 front loader hydraulics
Thanks for the quick reply - the pressure ratings should be fine; not sure if they are metric though ...

/ John Deere 755 front loader hydraulics #4  
The JD fittings are probably -04 or -06 ORB style, if you post pics we can narrow it down easily. Adapters are readily available as well. Why didn't you just rebuilt the stock cylindes?

Edit: Make sure to use proper hydraulic fittings, regular stuff from home cheapot is not acceptable.

Thanks Kenny! That's what I should have done - rebuilding them. I am new to this and initially just saw some very expensive full JD cylinders and went on and bought some cheaper ones. Now I have them though, so I am going to use them :) What would be the best (online) place to buy 'proper hydraulic fittings'?

Here's some pictures - does this help?

Thanks again!

FullSizeRender (1).jpgFullSizeRender (2).jpgFullSizeRender.jpg

/ John Deere 755 front loader hydraulics #6  
Those are definitely ORB fittings, you'll have to measure them to be sure of the size, but I think they are -04. DHH (Discount Hydraulic Hose) is another forum sponsored here, they should have what you need, and some charts to help ID the size.

/ John Deere 755 front loader hydraulics #7  
I got this off of one of the vendors on this forum. It's a very detailed guide on how to identify hydraulic fittings. I saved it to my hard drive as I knew it would be handy someday.

Attachments

• hydraulic thread_guide.pdf
    337.5 KB · Views: 420
Last edited:
Thank you very much kenny and pmsmechanic - very helpful information!
I will get going on it :)
Thanks again!

Edit: Using the guide from Discount Hydraulic Hose, the JD threading is 3/8" ORB (Dash 06), and the Nortrac is 3/8" NPT (Dash 06) - the latter is a tapered bore as you guys know.

Last edited:
   / John Deere 755 front loader hydraulics #9  
According to JDparts.com your 755 should have a JD model 70 FEL. One of the bucket hoses has these spec's.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    54.1 KB · Views: 578
Last edited:
Thanks Jim! Good info - I do believe this is the I have!
I think most of the measures match my hose although I am bit puzzled by the "End Size" of 0.438 inch. The other end size indicated as "End Size (2)" match the outer diameter on my thread , but not sure what 0.438 refers to. I assume the 1/4 inch indication refers to the inner diameter of the hose itself.
Thanks again!!