Post hole digger motor

/ Post hole digger motor #1  

lutt

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota ZG 22, John Deere 4200 4wd/ 420 loader, 4 wd,08 polaris 700 ranger crew
Good evening everyone. I am wanting to convert my 3 point post hole digger to use on my 420 loader on my 4200 deere. I was wandering what hydraulic motor I needed. I used the search, but didn't come up with much. I will be turning a 12 inch auger. I have a lot of holes to punch in a large upcoming fencing project in clay to clay gravel soil. So down pressure is going to be a God send. Pump flow is around 7 gallons a minute. Thanks guys! LUTT

/ Post hole digger motor #2  
I hate to sound redundant, check the tech page at Surpluscenter.com. They list the required GPM for various motors and sell most all of them as well.

/ Post hole digger motor
I have , there are a lot of folks on here that have put these together. That's why I am asking. I want to get it right the first time. Thanks LUTT

/ Post hole digger motor #4  
You'll need your tractor hydraulic's PSI and GPM and the RPM that you want the auger to turn at. Plug those numbers into the calculator at Surplus Center and it will tell you the Cubic Inch Displacement of the motor that you will need to achieve that.

/ Post hole digger motor #5  
Make sure the motor has enough torque to turn a 12" auger in your soil. That's the hard part to figure it seems to me. Sorry I can't help you.

/ Post hole digger motor
Thanks, I am out on the lower Mississippi River at work, I'll have to research the rhino auger I have for the numbers. Motor mount and shaft size are something else I know I need to look into. THANKS LUTT

/ Post hole digger motor
That is something I should consider, didn't even cross my mind putting down pressure on it! THANKS! LUTT

/ Post hole digger motor #9  
Look through these PTO hyd motors and see if one will fit your tractor hyd.

Surplus Center

If you still need down force, there are kits for that..

6818-Danuser Down Force Kit For J20/80 Series 3 point PTO Auger

/ Post hole digger motor
Look through these PTO hyd motors and see if one will fit your tractor hyd. Surplus Center If you still need down force, there are kits for that.. 6818-Danuser Down Force Kit For J20/80 Series 3 point PTO Auger
Thanks JJ I sure will!