Auxiliary hydraulics trip too easily

/ Auxiliary hydraulics trip too easily #1  

fritzschrag

I have a Mahindra 6520. Have seldom used the auxiliary hydraulics, mainly on a winch I rigged up. I recently got a sawmill that has a hydraulic take-away belt, hydraulic log turner (just a small cylinder) and a small hydraulic motor to adjust the carriage cutting width. The take away conveyor belt works fine, but the other two trip the system off right away. The conveyor belt has by far the largest motor. What is causing this: do the smaller attachments use so little that the relief valve treats it as a block, or what?

/ Auxiliary hydraulics trip too easily #2  
Are you saying that your sawmill uses the AUX hyd system from the tractor, or its own?

Do you have a pressure gauge?

Post some pix.

/ Auxiliary hydraulics trip too easily #3  
Sounds like the kickout function of the valve, once it senses pressure it centres back to neutral position.
As far as I know u cannot change the pressure setting of the kickout, valve is working as intended.
Do both spool valves have the locking detent for kickout?

/ Auxiliary hydraulics trip too easily #4  
What is the pressure setting of the detent?

The initial load factor could cause a spike and knock off the detent.

If you install a hyd gauge in the system you can see what is happening.

/ Auxiliary hydraulics trip too easily
The main sawmill runs off the tractor PTO and the hydraulic parts off the tractor auxiliary. No, I do not have a pressure gauge.

This is fritzschrag again. The previous owner of the sawmill told me he had the same problem. He solved it by tying over the handle of the aux hydraulic. I tried that and it works fine. Is there any problem with that?

/ Auxiliary hydraulics trip too easily #7  
I was gonna suggest tying it over, maybe not the best practice but I don't see an issue with it.
I have one end of a bungy cord attached to my tractor cab and when I need to operate the log loader I just slip the bungy over the lever.

Thanks for each one's input. Everything is working fine when I tie the lever over. I am of the opinion the overload trip still works to protect the system when the handle is tied over.

/ Auxiliary hydraulics trip too easily #9  
Yes you are still protected by the relief valve, only downside I see of tying the valve is that the 3pt hitch may not raise.

/ Auxiliary hydraulics trip too easily #10  
The OP did not mentioned a kick out detent.

Which valve relief is opening.

Load is what triggers the relief valve.