Kioti DS4510-adding 3rd function spool valve after hydraulic block.

/ Kioti DS4510-adding 3rd function spool valve after hydraulic block.
Hi JJ...thanks for the info....I realize operating two levers simultaneously is an issue....for instance dumping/opening the grapple as the loader arms are being raised for one smooth and seamless operation...I'm a little leery about the electrical 12V thing....those valves still need to be plumbed in and 12V is just one more thing that can go wrong...at least with the 3rd function lever valve there is no other issue to be concerned with other than maintaining hydraulic pressure to keep things moving.

Up where I live, the only local distributor of reasonably priced hydraulic components is Princess Auto...the only 12v selector valve they have is this one @ $249.99 so it would be more expensive than the lever valve which is $149.99.
selector 12v.jpg

I'm curious though, what is the difference between a 3rd function solenoid valve and diverter/selector valve?...I thought they were basically the same (12V)...if not, how are they installed and operate differently?....thanks for your input.

Last edited:
   / Kioti DS4510-adding 3rd function spool valve after hydraulic block. #12  
The so called true 3rd function valve has an IN port an OUT port, and two work ports. You can gangs these valves to operate more that one circuit.

The fluid flows in the IN port to the cyl and back into the 3rd function valve and flow through the OUT port. All ports are rated to 3000 or 5000 psi. No tank line

A diverter valve will use the curl circuit hyd and send the flow to either the curl cyl or the grapple cyl. Also no tank line. You can gang these valve to operate more than one circuit.

Manual lever valve like the one you posted, will have IN port, OUT/tank port, PB port, and two work ports.

This valve will have a tank port.

A similar diverter valve can be purchased for much less.

SAE 8 15 GPM DOUBLE SELECTOR VALVE 12 VDC P15544-1

http://www.surpluscenter.com/_MoreSpecs/i9-5117.pdf

You would want the default mode of selector/diverter to go to the curl cyl, which is what you would use most.

Last edited:
   / Kioti DS4510-adding 3rd function spool valve after hydraulic block. #13  
I didn't already have a rear remote but I do now and my plan is to use a standard type valve located on the other side so I can run the loader with my right hand and momentarily use my left hand to operate a grapple or other front mounted hydraulic. Now that the hydraulics are available I can consider building my own grapple or bucket thumb.

/ Kioti DS4510-adding 3rd function spool valve after hydraulic block. #14  
If you were to check out a tractor with push button grapple, I think you would like it better, but whatever suits your needs is besr for oyu..

/ Kioti DS4510-adding 3rd function spool valve after hydraulic block. #15  
   / Kioti DS4510-adding 3rd function spool valve after hydraulic block. #16  
I don't think that is what you are looking for, marchanna. The first thing is that it only flows 5 gpm. In a diverter type set up you are going to need six ports. The hydraulic flow from the loader valve will be used to operate either the curl or the third function (could be lift if you prefer). For this you need six ports, one pair to communicate with the loader valve and a pair apiece to communicate with the curl and third function circuits respectively.

I consider myself reasonably handy and was shopping parts to to this for the RX7320 I ordered. After the dust settled I went with the Michigan Iron and Equipment kit. It arrived today and I have to say that it is a thing of beauty, appears to be very high quality with great directions. The guy on the phone said "If you have to open a drawer to find a part it means we screwed up." It is a little pricey but I think the value will be there once I factor in running around scaring up parts and having hoses made.

/ Kioti DS4510-adding 3rd function spool valve after hydraulic block. #17  
That occurred to me too after I thought about it for a while.