Hydraulic crossover valve?

/ Hydraulic crossover valve? #1  

Psycho Billy

Tractor
Minneapolis Moline 335
Hello,
My wife and I just bought out first tractor. 1958 M-M 335-IND. It has a heavy duty loader on the front. The hydraulic control valve has a plunger in the side. The guy we bought it from said it was a crossover valve so we could add remote hydraulics out of the other ports (currently capped off). Can anyone help me identify which ports would be used and how this would operate? The plunger pulls out about 3/4".

IMG_6843.jpgIMG_6844.jpgIMG_6845.jpgIMG_6846.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6831.jpg
    IMG_6831.jpg
    891.8 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_6838.jpg
    IMG_6838.jpg
    777.8 KB · Views: 79
   / Hydraulic crossover valve? #2  
Welcome,
That looks more like a "diverter" that would redirect flow to another circuit, but it looks like only one line so you could only operate a SA (single acting) cylinder.

Maybe someone else who has more experience with that vintage machine can help better.

FYI, a 'crossover' valve is used to protect cylinders/framework from damage, like in a snowplow setup-the crossover valve would allow fluid to flow to the other side and allow the blade to move if an object is struck.

/ Hydraulic crossover valve?
Thank you. What you are describing is what I think he was trying to describe when he said crossover. He pointed to the big port right above the handle and the one on top and said those two were the lines to connect to be didn't know which was the supply and which was the return. I am completely new to the tractor and hydraulic world so any help is very much appreciated.

/ Hydraulic crossover valve?
Oh, but there is also a port on the bottom that one hose is connected to.

/ Hydraulic crossover valve? #5  
Hello,
My wife and I just bought out first tractor. 1958 M-M 335-IND. It has a heavy duty loader on the front. The hydraulic control valve has a plunger in the side. The guy we bought it from said it was a crossover valve so we could add remote hydraulics out of the other ports (currently capped off). Can anyone help me identify which ports would be used and how this would operate? The plunger pulls out about 3/4".

View attachment 434111View attachment 434112View attachment 434113View attachment 434114

Valve with handle in second picture looks like a selector valve for two circuits.

Push handle in for one circuit and pull out for the other circuit.

/ Hydraulic crossover valve? #6  
Welcome,
That looks more like a "diverter" that would redirect flow to another circuit, but it looks like only one line so you could only operate a SA (single acting) cylinder.

Maybe someone else who has more experience with that vintage machine can help better.

FYI, a 'crossover' valve is used to protect cylinders/framework from damage, like in a snowplow setup-the crossover valve would allow fluid to flow to the other side and allow the blade to move if an object is struck.

Looks like you can remove the plug and connect a hose to that port connected to another spool valve for remotes and return a hose from tank port back to tank. Shift the diverter valve to either use the loader or the remotes.